New picture (interview with the director)

Jason plays a vengeful backwoods criminal in pursuit of a hapless Sam Rockwell

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

New picture (interview with the director)

Post by thunder » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:54 pm

http://www.iamrogue.com/news/interviews ... -shot.html
- Jason Isaacs is almost unrecognizable in the movie, was his role written that way too or did he just choose to play it like that?
- No, he did that. When you see him in Green Zone you’re almost like, who is that guy? I guess he’s more recognizable as himself in the Harry Potter movies. But if you took pictures of him from the Harry Potter films, Green Zone, and then A Single Shot you’d be like, that’s not the same person! With the kind of performances that he renders, it’s a great compliment to an actor that he can be such a chameleon like that.
:D

More recognizable as himself in Harry potter? :scratch
We get a new picture (I hadn't seen it before). :woot

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: New picture (interview with the director)

Post by Helen8 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:40 pm

I guess he’s more recognizable as himself in the Harry Potter movies. :roll:

Not when he meets kids whose parents tell them that that's Lucius Malfoy, and they reply, "No, he's not."

ln419

Re: New picture (interview with the director)

Post by ln419 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:32 am

Well, it's the same compliment he gave Gary Oldman in that Hikari Takano interview, only some critic has given it now to him, and I think it's a valid compliment (even though we've known it all along). Of course the kids don't recognize him-in THAT get-up his mum probably didn't recognize him at first glance! But I just saw Single Shot (on Demand-cheaper than a theater ticket, and ya don't have to go around and find parking!). It's true, although he has very little screen time, but it's very powerful screen time (and he's NOTHING like Lucius, not in LOOKS or mannerisms, or for that matter, anyone else he's ever played). For some reason to me, Waylon felt like a totally effortless character for him to slip into , even more a second skin than Jackson (which I KNOW can't be true!). I didn't think I'd like this movie, but I really enjoyed it. Great way to start the day! (well, sure beats holiday cooking for another 3 days for the 3rd week in a row anyway!) :D e

Return to “A Single Shot”