Dawn - my thoughts (spoilers, maybe)

Based on the novel by Elie Wiesel

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Dawn - my thoughts (spoilers, maybe)

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:16 pm

First of all: I ordered it from Paradigma Films (http://www.dawn-film.eu/en/vod-dvd-cd/) in Switzerland on Sunday and I got it today (Wednesday) in Norway. That's impressive fast shipping! (I ordered some DVDs from a Norwegian company at the same evening, but that's not here yet...)

I kinda think I should watch it again before I write about it, but I'm gonna try... It's the type of movie that really engages your thoughts when you watch it. It's a very quiet movie considering the extreme situation the characters are in. The action sort of happens "internally" inside the characters, and none of them are very verbal about expressing exactly what they are thinking, so a lot of it is left up to "us" to figure out. It's very emotional, but not much acting out... (if that makes sense). It clearly has a message, but it's up to you to figure it out and I think maybe "the message" may differ depending on who's watching. I didn't feel that it was moralizing or spoon feeding me in any way. Will definitely watch this again. Such a shame it hasn't gotten more attention, but it's probably not "mainstream" enough...

Some practical information: Jason has 3 scenes, and probably around 10 minutes screen time? I haven't checked exactly yet. But I never felt like fast forwarding to his scenes in this. The movie is engaging, and all the cast are very good!

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Dawn - my thoughts (spoilers, maybe)

Post by thunder » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:15 am

I tweeted Romed Wyder about having watched it yesterday, and he replied! :D
Thanks!!! Working with Jason Isaacs @jasonsfolly was wonderful. He's just great!
https://twitter.com/RomedWyder/status/6 ... 0679859200

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Dawn - my thoughts (spoilers, maybe)

Post by Marie » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:09 am

Very cool that he responded!!

Return to “Dawn”