Berlin Film Festival

A family father (Wes Bentley) loses his job and embarks on a life of crime. Jason Isaacs plays a alcoholic police detective who becomes his friend. In the beginning, the movie was known as 'Things People Do'.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

ln419

Re: Berlin Film Festival

Post by ln419 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:00 pm

Ah...THAT'S the way to conduct an interview in a foreign language. THAT was great (and the pauses for German gave them each a chance to drink their drinks of choice-what a deal!). The second clip, Jason's just SO incredibly good about speaking positively about everyone he's asked about and bringing it back to them doing their jobs well, it's hard to trip him up, he just doesn't let it happen. Even with what Shia LaBeouf was doing with the paper bag got kudos. Thanks Thunder for all you found. Can't wait for it to hit our shores. :D ~ellen

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:50 pm

I feel sorry for him when this happens, He's there to talk about his movie, and ends up having to talk about actors who aren't even in it. :roll:

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:58 pm

thunder, you are so good! Thanks for all the goodies.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:44 pm

I agree with you Thunder, but it was only 45 seconds I think, and he seems REALLY used to it. Back-biting is Hollywood's favorite game, and he NEVER takes the bait.. I remember when he first moved here, for 3 or 4 of his first interviews, he was REALLY grilled on Mel Gibson, and he is just SUCH a pro at being PC, witty and turning the stories around and moving on. It's to his immense credit, I truly admire THAT most, of all his qualities. IF I were to put him on a pedestal, it would be for THAT ability and quality. May I one day attain the same blessing. ~ellen

CeliaBeck

Post by CeliaBeck » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:44 am

Thank you too Thunder and all the goodies to sharing. Sory i´m not life and not visiting Berlin, my Daughter is Student and I´m working in Reha Centrum. And to many People i´am scared. Ok a chance Jason Isaacs life in collour to seen, but i´am very more scared. :D
Things People Do sounds for a fantastic Film and very more interesting a wish more People, love for the art of film.
And i hope for a DVD and Things People Do win a Award a better chance on DVD.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:30 pm

It's a pleasure, Celia.
Here's an audio interview with the director :D
http://uk.fred.fm/saar-klein-things-peo ... inale2014/

amy223

Post by amy223 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:05 pm

Well, Jason was very professional. And kind (as usual). I liked how sweetly he handled the (South African?) gentleman who kept asking a lot of questions--bless his little questioner's heart. Also, I had no idea who Saars Klein was (because I'm such an obtuse newbie when it comes to film), but I immediately liked him, too, and plan to educate myself. I wished Sara Green had gotten to talk more--I don't know her either, but all three just seem like immensely likable, professional people.

Thank you for these lovely finds, Thunder. Many of the links made me renew my determination to check "Attend a Film Festival" off my bucket list. They look fascinating. (Maaaaybe not if you have to work them. ;-) )

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:54 pm

I want to see this movie!!!!

~me

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Do attend a film festival if you can. Very fun and exciting. But don't be like me and hold out for Sundance - it is too big now - very hard to get tickets. I've attended some smaller ones and really enjoyed myself!

amy223

Post by amy223 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:00 pm

I will do that, Marie! Atlanta has the Atlanta Film Festival (actually, two--I think there's also the Atlanta Jewish Film Festival) each year. Going to start there and look into it, and will drag film-oriented friends with me because that makes it even more fun. And when I go to these and write about them, I'll make sure not to add extra letters to people's names (like I've discovered the writer/director's name for this movie is Saar (not Saars), and the producer's name is Sara (not Sarah). Sundance is on my bucket list...and yes, it's ludicrously expensive (god knows I check every year, then shake my fists at the Universe).

Also: I don't know if this is the same video link as previously posted above, and they just edited out the interpreter, or if it's a different link. (Does it matter? No--I'm just subjecting you to my brain rambles, sorry...go HERE! It's far more ideal to watch now, and I'm utterly fascinated by the whole process. Which is why I'm being a big geek and sharing my find):

https://www.berlinale.de/en/programm/be ... ab=video20

Have a good one, y'all! :-)

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:21 am

The annoying German woman is gone!

Thanks, Amy. :hug

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Hallelujah! Much more enjoyable interview. It's like someone did her in and wiped away any trace of her.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:40 pm

I found a new interview:
https://itunes.apple.com/no/podcast/jas ... &l=nb&mt=2

Very good interview, and quite long. :D

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:34 pm

More pictures from the premiere here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 081&type=1

:D

servalan

Post by servalan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks for the interviews - both the Q&A session sans annoying German voiceover, and the German radio interview. Jason is always good value in interviews.

It's embarrassing how good the German speakers are at English interviews, whereas most people from English-speaking countries can't cope in other languages.

Return to “After the Fall”