STARTED EARLY TOOK MY DOG

This forum is for audio books, voice overs, radio plays and voice acting.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

STARTED EARLY TOOK MY DOG

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:48 am

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/second-hand-books/899362

I dont remember seeing this before...Be advised, this is for the UK....

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: STARTED EARLY TOOK MY DOG

Post by thunder » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:53 am

I've had this audio book for a long time... I love it as much as the others! And I don't think CDs have region codes, so every one can enjoy it :D But these people might only ship to the UK, though...

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:08 pm

thanx thunder I thought it mite be a bit repetitive

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:53 pm

I buy a lot of cds from Europe and the UK, either while I'm there or by Amazon.uk, and I've never had a problem with playing them either on my Mac or in my stereo. iTunes US often recognizes the tracks as well when I upload the music to my computer. So don't let that fear stop you from buying British cds. I've seen Started Early Took My Dog on Amazon.uk (I want to say that I saw it on the US Amazon, but I can't remember, the US Amazon doesn't have all of the JI versions of the series. It only has a couple titles.). :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

So, has Jason read ALL the books on audio? ln

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Yes, he has. :D

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:20 pm

To echo thunder, oh yes, ln, he has- and between Amazon US & UK you can get all of them. :D

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:39 am

But be careful what version of the audio book you buy (if you decide to). There's a version with someone else reading out there...

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks you guys, I've noticed sometimes it's him and sometimes it's someone else reading, so on THAT score, I learned my lesson early, but didn't realize he read ALL her books, so thanks again! ln

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:30 pm

I was just checking my wish lists on the various amazon sites and found the CD set where Jason reads all the Case Histories, and which is no longer available. Someone is selling it for £274.37. That's $496.74 Canadian loonies. Image

Loonies is the name for our one dollar coin. You'd have to be a loonie to spend that much on an audio book, even for Jason.

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:26 am

:shock: I don't think anyone will buy it at this price, they will just have to lower it.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Yeah, right...People are greedy SOBs. I doubt they'll lower it. That's insane. Too bad. :(

I have the set. It only has 3 of the 4 books. I had to buy Started Early separately. I was ordering something else on the UK Amazon site today (and gave myself a scare when I saw that my cart suddenly had zero items -then realized I hadn't logged in. *facepalm*), and so I checked out the individual CDs. They still have the individual ones at reasonable prices. You could probably even get some used to take advantage of lower prices if you wanted. I'm a big fan of buying used DVDs/CDs and have been happily surprised at the quality of used DVDs/CDs that I have gotten over the years.

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:30 pm

Used is a good way to go if the prices are too crazy. DVD's and CD's last so much longer than our old cassette's and vhs'. So, a used CD can still last you longer than you'll ever truly need. There were a bunch of DVD's that I couldn't find new for some of the odd projects that Mr. Isaacs did. I was happy to find them used on ebay or Amazon over the years.

Now for those that want to argue the royalty issue ... the royalties were given when the original "new" was purchased, and since it isn't a copy ... it's perfectly all right to buy used. I try to buy new whenever possible to give the maximum money back to the actors, but that isn't always possible. Plus sometimes the "new" ones are so overly priced that I can't justify it to myself to purchase it new.

Just my thoughts,
~Beth~ (MI)

LadySekhmet wrote:Yeah, right...People are greedy SOBs. I doubt they'll lower it. That's insane. Too bad. :(

I have the set. It only has 3 of the 4 books. I had to buy Started Early separately. I was ordering something else on the UK Amazon site today (and gave myself a scare when I saw that my cart suddenly had zero items -then realized I hadn't logged in. *facepalm*), and so I checked out the individual CDs. They still have the individual ones at reasonable prices. You could probably even get some used to take advantage of lower prices if you wanted. I'm a big fan of buying used DVDs/CDs and have been happily surprised at the quality of used DVDs/CDs that I have gotten over the years.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:34 pm

...and buying used is better for the environment. :D

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:12 pm

thunder wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:53 am
I've had this audio book for a long time... I love it as much as the others! And I don't think CDs have region codes, so every one can enjoy it :D But these people might only ship to the UK, though...
CDs *may* not, but DVDs definitely do…as l was reminded when a copy of Superman: Red Son arrived (I’d ordered from Amazon, but failed to realize it was a Third Party shipper), and I couldn’t play the Region 2 DVD on my US player. 😭

Return to “Voice Work”