Jason Isaacs reading James Bond novel (Audio book)

This forum is for audio books, voice overs, radio plays and voice acting.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

wolfsaver

Re: Jason Isaacs reading James Bond novel (Audio book)

Post by wolfsaver » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:20 am

LOL, In. Not a fan of Jason? A little jealous? How on earth does she know?? Strange indeed! :scratch
Last edited by wolfsaver on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Apparently, she's quite the little empath, I think it's HER way of showing me what to watch first, and I probably shouldn't have bought anything else anyway, which I need to discuss with her, (we have long conversations about this, and sometimes, she'll listen to my admonitions for up to 2 future deliveries, if I'm lucky. Such is life...I just roll with it. :loco A Happy and Healthy, Peaceful Jewish New Year, may all our dreams for us and our loved ones come to fruition xxx LN

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Good news and bad news ....

The Postal Service must really have a case of disgruntlement with Amazon UK shipments this month. LOL. I received the package, but there was a note on it (and it looked like it had been retaped every which way). It said that the package had to have come undone in their machining process or burst open. That they tried to make sure that the right contents ended up back in it. If it was the wrong contents return them to the post office, or if it was missing something contact my post office.

Hello ... the package had an invoice. They should have been able to look at the invoice and go DOH ... it needs 3 items!

So, the good news is the package arrived. The bad news is that it was messed up, and it was indeed missing something. Other good news is that my David Tennant and Jason Isaacs (THANKFULLY) CD sets were intact and not damaged. The bad news is that Sir Kenneth Brannagh's version did not make it to me in the package. {beats head on desk} Although I am thrilled that Jason's arrived safely, I am irritated at the situation. Those CD's weren't cheap. The fact that more than one person had problems with this shipment says something too. Either Amazon didn't "secure" the gluing, etc for these in their packaging, or the USPS needs to learn what to fricking machine in which way!

It looks like a trip to the Post Office is in order to have them find my missing Brannagh.

~Beth (Michigan, USA)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:57 am

This "Neverending Story" had better have a happy ending. Anxiously awaiting the next chapter.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:25 pm

...my next chapter is that yesterday, (in sturdier, EARLIER box-mode) I received ALL 3 of my "gratis" audio Bond Books! GREAT DAY for me!!! Flip side was it was holiday and I couldn't listen to them, but I HAD them, and THAT in and of itself was the greater kuntz (prank-Yiddish doesn't always lend itself to English translation). So I've been waiting, savoring, and holding them a lot the past day, and ready for a listen NOW, I just wanted to share with you ladies first...Sorry Beth about all your potential wasted time running around, SHOULD be Amazon's fault. And LS, how about you, have those hamsters reached Philly yet? Happy listening to all! :woot :wheee :hands ln

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:43 pm

ARGH, my matey! No, I be droppin' those lazy land-lubbin' hamsters into Davy Jones' Locker tomorrow. *cough* Sorry, tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate Day and I was just updating my FB page to reflect it. So I still be feelin' a bit full o' the pirattitude. :cool:

No, the hamsters have not yet made it to this port. I'm getting a very bad feeling about my audiobook. I'll give it until next week (because I did ask them to send it by Royal Mail rather than courier), then I'll send a bottle...errr...an email across the Pond.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:57 pm

...well, verdict is Jason sounds pretty darned good, but that shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone after all, at least on THIS forum. To Thunder: you should have pre-ordered them, there was a 7 lb (there is no key for that) discount for each one if you pre-ordered, sorry! To LS, If Beth and I have gotten something in the midwest, you're on the Eastern seaboard, it goes by YOU first, I wouldn't wait till next week-silly you! As for my wonderful husband, he starred at the 3 sets of discs (we're going on 31 years) proclaiming "you won't LIKE the origional James Bond! Why did you spend SO much $?" To which I replied, "did ya catch who reads them?" "no, who?" walks over to dresser and sighs deeply, "oh, never mind" as he sees me giving him my death stare and slinks away. Honestly, he should know by now, if it's not Jason, then it's gotta be someone from Harry Potter...there are just SO many of them! Men, ya can't live with 'em, ya can't kill 'em, ya just keep loving 'em! LN

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:30 pm

ln419 wrote:...well, verdict is Jason sounds pretty darned good, but that shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone after all, at least on THIS forum. To Thunder: you should have pre-ordered them, there was a 7 lb (there is no key for that) discount for each one if you pre-ordered, sorry!
I think I could have afforded that anyway, but that discount is now the regular price... Amazon is always over pricing new things, just to tell people they have saved money because they've preordered. ;-) Glad you like it LN, I will order it soon, but I don't have time to listen to it right now.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:44 pm

I received my copy today. The package was only loosely closed on one end; I could easily have lost one of the four items I had ordered. nuke.gif

Now that I have it, I don't know when I will listen to it. I still an audio book read by Richard Armitage, bought years ago, that haven't listened to. It will require a new type of concentration for me.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:54 am

Cars, fruitbat. I find cars and long drives (find a mall a considerable distance from where you actually live) a great place and time to listen, preferable without traffic, construction or inclement weather, so all your concentration isn't focused on driving, but rather on the story and it's teller. Rotsa Ruck! LN

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 am

YAY! I arrived at work this morning to find that The Hamsters had finally delivered my package to me. You all might want to sit down for this-the box was in one piece AND it was tightly sealed. The cd jewel case and cds are in perfect condition- not a scratch or divet in Himself's face. So... I guess slow and steady wins the race? lol. :D

fruitbat, I tend to listen to them while traveling to various places-I read a lot- but sometimes I just want another person to read to me (especially while on a train, plane or bus).

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:39 pm

well, well LS, many congratulations of the day! YOU seem to be the winner here on our "who's going to get the darned things first in one piece"? contest. Our sincerest congratulations to you the lucky winner of the 5th Golden (ticket) "Jason" (I don't know what that means, I'm tired, but it must mean something, YOU get to figure it out, it means what YOU want it to mean, ok? on behalf of Amazon.co.uk-the "Jason" ticket is yours...) LN :yip

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Oo ... Did someone say Richard Armitage? What book did he read?

~Beth (Michigan, USA)

fruitbat wrote:I received my copy today. The package was only loosely closed on one end; I could easily have lost one of the four items I had ordered. nuke.gif

Now that I have it, I don't know when I will listen to it. I still an audio book read by Richard Armitage, bought years ago, that haven't listened to. It will require a new type of concentration for me.
Last edited by BethMI on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Hmmm ... I think I need to employ your hamsters to deliver my mail too LS. LOL So far I think you are the only one that received their package in one piece, or rather without it almost being popped open. Lucky you!

~Beth (MIchigan, USA)

LadySekhmet wrote:YAY! I arrived at work this morning to find that The Hamsters had finally delivered my package to me. You all might want to sit down for this-the box was in one piece AND it was tightly sealed. The cd jewel case and cds are in perfect condition- not a scratch or divet in Himself's face. So... I guess slow and steady wins the race? lol. :D

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:20 am

BethMI wrote:Oo ... Did someone say Richard Armitage? What book did he read?

~Beth (Michigan, USA)
Sylvester, by Georgette Heyer

Courtesy of RichardArmitageOnline.com

I've started listening to Thunderball. However, as I don't drive, and don't even take transit to work, I had to find time when my mind would be most open to it. Just after work, before dinner, seems to be best. The more I listen, the better I am at. :D

Return to “Voice Work”