Jason Isaacs reading James Bond novel (Audio book)

This forum is for audio books, voice overs, radio plays and voice acting.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

LadySekhmet

Re: Jason Isaacs reading James Bond novel (Audio book)

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 am

I just - on a total whim- went over to Amazon.co.uk to see if the Thunderball cd was available and to see if I could order the silly thing through Amazon UK and have it shipped directly to my grubby little paws. It worked!

It was available for pre-order at 14.26 GBP and for a total of 18.86 GBP(with the slow shipping choice) which is about $29+ USD-so not unreasonable.

I am waiting for the shoe to drop and for Amazon UK to tell me that they made a mistake and they cannot ship it to the US. (But fingers crossed-they won't...)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Good Girl! Sounds promising.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:23 pm

I'm a little worried that I'll get an email telling me they are going to cancel my order (and then it's back to figuring out how big the bribe for my friend will have to be). How come Amazon.uk can ship it across the pond, but the UK audiobook folks won't (or do we not want to know)? Or have US folks been able to directly order from the UK audiobook place after all (and I'm just really slow on the up-take for this particular thread)? :scratch

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:22 am

Oh, dear Lady, you will NOT be getting a notice from Amazon.uk saying they've goofed up-they are carrying ALL the new Bond audio Books, it'll be FINE. Ya done GREAT, "if not by 'hook' then by crook' I've always learned, and there are more than 1 ways to skin a cat (apologies to those cat lovers among us). You've saved maybe 1/2 of us who know no one living abroad who travel to and fro from having to order to THEIR homes, and wait until they show up in America then ship the package to OUR homes (an additional expense). Nope, YA DONE GREAT!!!! :hug :hands :wheee :woot :cherub :under (see how haappy I am?) LN

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:40 pm

I ordered the British version of the Kate Atkinson book - a different one was sold in the states many months later. There was no problem Amazon UK sent the book to me in America - so I suspect you will get your audio books with no issue.

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:39 pm

THANK YOU! {hugs} THANK YOU! {hugs again}

Yes, I am very happy to see this. I just went and ordered the Jason Isaacs, Sir Kenneth Brannagh, and David Tennant CD's from amazon.co.uk. You get a nicer shipping deal to buy them all at once versus individually over time. The exchange rate is bad for us US customers, but I would have had to pay in pounds if I went off the audio go UK site too. I am so excited now.

It says estimated dispatch date is Sept. 7th. It is interesting how we say ship date, and across the pond it is dispatch date or dispatch address instead of shipping address. It is interesting how what started as the same language has two different ways of saying things now.

Thank you again for this tip. I am overjoyed because I thought I was going to miss out on these because I live on this side of the ocean.

~Beth (Michigan, USA)

P.S.This came on a good day to cheer me up too. I had to put my cat of almost 17 years to sleep today. He was my first cat. I had only had dogs before that. So, I've been quite bummed today.

LadySekhmet wrote:I just - on a total whim- went over to Amazon.co.uk to see if the Thunderball cd was available and to see if I could order the silly thing through Amazon UK and have it shipped directly to my grubby little paws. It worked!

It was available for pre-order at 14.26 GBP and for a total of 18.86 GBP(with the slow shipping choice) which is about $29+ USD-so not unreasonable.

I am waiting for the shoe to drop and for Amazon UK to tell me that they made a mistake and they cannot ship it to the US. (But fingers crossed-they won't...)

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Beth - so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. The decision to but a beloved animal to sleep is always hard but I'm sure your cat had a wonderful life with you and you didn't want to see him in pain. I feel for you.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Beth, it's hard to lose a pet that has been your friend and companion for so many years. Take comfort in knowing that he's waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:57 pm

Well, I've been hit with worse exchange rates over the recent years while staying in the UK (at one point, I was there when 1 pound bought 2 US$ - I felt like I was just handing over my checking account every time I bought a pack of gum), so I'm pretty happy with this one... :^D But yes, it is great that we can get it via Amazon UK. :^)

I'm very sorry about your cat, but it sounds like he led a good and full life with his human! :hug

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:40 am

I'm so sorry about your kitty, Beth. All pets go to Heaven. He'll be watching over you. And, purring.
~ML :hug

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:29 am

Hi,

This was in my FB stream today. Thought you all might find it fun. I hope you have not seen it already. There are little excerpts read aloud for each book. Silly me, I accidentally hit the button for Hugh Bonneville's reading (not realizing I'd done it) and thought, "Wow, Jason really can do some great impersonations, he sounds exactly like Lord Gra-...oops." *face-palm*

Enjoy!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-09- ... th-branagh

inamac

Post by inamac » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:22 am

I'm not sure the link will work, but Wittertainment just posted the 'Audible' co flyer - with the observation that Jason Isaacs appears to be not only playing James Bond but also Rosamund Pike...

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 9376_n.jpg

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:24 am

So who's the gal next to Jason Isaacs . . . with the name Jason Isaacs? :roll:

inamac

Post by inamac » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:18 pm

Helen8 wrote:So who's the gal next to Jason Isaacs . . . with the name Jason Isaacs? :roll:
Rosamund Pike - she's reading 'The Spy Who Loved Me'.

Or, as one reader put it - Hello, Two Jason Isaacs!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:58 pm

...VERY good! LOL!!! LN

Return to “Voice Work”