Star Wars VII & Star Wars Rebels

This forum is for audio books, voice overs, radio plays and voice acting.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

LadySekhmet

Star Wars VII & Star Wars Rebels

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:53 am

I saw this on my twitter feed:

There are rumors swirling that Jason might be involved with Star Wars Rebels, which seems to be a thing bridging Star Wars III & IV as the voice of the Inquisitor. Supposedly, tthis character is supposed to be a big deal in this part of the SW universe, and there's seems to be speculation as if the character will be involved in the new movie that is currently filming.

It sounds like wishful thinking on the author's part, but have to admit as SW fan since I was a wee lass, I'd love to think that Himself might be a part of it! Although, at some point I gave up on reading the HUGE number of books based on SW universe, as there were way too many, and so I'm in the dark re this particular character.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-rebe ... ice-actor/

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Star Wars VII & Star Wars Rebels Rumors

Post by thunder » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:41 pm

If it means work for JI, then I'll like it. We can always hope, but he'll be busy filming Dig for a while now. So maybe it's just one of this fan cast things...
Thanks for posting :D

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:39 am

Listen to The Inquisitor's voice at the end of this video.

"You did well to call"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtGRbkn7UDw#t=61

Opinions?

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Sounds like Mr Jason to me! :cool:

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:12 pm

I should hope so! I checked imdb. He's on the cast list as the voice of the Inquisitor:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2930604/?ref_=nv_sr_1

:cool:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:39 pm

He's always said voice work takes waaay less time than ummm "face time"? I guess I would call it (I'm at a loss for another word...actually being there acting). He could probably "call it in" from a studio in Israel. They have them there if it's a timing issue. The world is actually much smaller than it was when we were younger...I think it's a terrific thing and am doing a happy dance right here at my computer. :bag: ~ellen

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:15 am

I think that the voice work and filming of animation were probably completed before he left for Israel. I suspect that -as with any film- there is a lot of post production work (w/o the actors)to be done in order to get it ready for release. So I doubt he's calling anything in from Israel, unless there were last minute issues. I imagine there must me thousands of work hours for something like this as the animation would be work intensive. But that is just my take, I might be (probably) am wrong...

but Lucas (& now Disney) probably have all of the SW movies (live action & animation) plotted out for years in advance. Kevin Feige, from Marvel, revealed their production line-up and they have specific movies planned out to 2020 or 2028 (can't remember which date). So they don't just do these things on the fly.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:21 am

Hmmm, now that you mention it...you're most likely right Lady S, I wasn't thinking about all the time it takes to put together an anmated feature. Whatever the case...
YEAH!! :hands :wheee :woot ~ellen

servalan

Post by servalan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:53 pm

The actors who do the voice work are generally recorded before the animation artists get to work. That way they can match the mouth movements to the words when they draw the character. So those recordings would be done first anyway, long before the film is released.

(I couldn't get the example to play here.)

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 pm

Look at this picture:
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqfkeitCAAERBWV.jpg:medium

A definite resemblance, I think...

Jason also tweeted a tongue-in-cheek response, not an outright denial...makes it more positively suspicious :mrgreen:
Jason Isaacs ‏@jasonsfolly · Jun 22

Star Wars? Hmmm. Rings a bell. Isn't that the one with the ex-carpenter, the future novelist and the talking vacuum cleaner? Loved it.

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Oh my goodness!! :eek:

thunder

Re: Star Wars VII & Star Wars Rebels

Post by thunder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:16 am

Picture, interview and video (with interview) here:
http://news.boxofficebuz.com/article/al ... inquisitor

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:52 pm

News re: Star Wars Rebels!

Looks like Star Wars Rebels will be shown on ABC on Sunday 10/27 at 7pm. It's going mainstream on the US broadcast network. I don't know if it will make a regular appearance though.

I have to admit that I watched the first episode last Saturday, while procrastinating on a Saturday morning. The Inquisitor didn't show up until the very end. It was enjoyable, however, I'm not sure that I am willing to fully commit yet.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/10/star-war ... rth-vader/

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:33 am

I've never been completely hooked by the Star Wars universe, but I'm glad he's in something that turns out to be successful. :wheee
Thanks for posting it here, LadySekhmet. :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:35 pm

A review of ep. 4: "Rise of the Old Masters." A nice excerpt:

There were many moving parts to this episode, but The Inquisitor, voiced by the versatile Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter) stole the show with his menacing voice and one of the craziest looking lightsabers ever. His weapon speaks volumes about what kind of villain he is.

Oh. We know what kind of villain he is . . . irresistible!

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels- ... s-reviews/

My DH and I have been watching the eps. It's definitely rousing just like the original three movies. Can't tolerate the kid's hair, though. DH describes it as flowing, purple zucchini locks.

Return to “Voice Work”