Jason Isaacs Joins Brad Pitt in David Ayer's 'Fury'

A movie about an American tank crew during the last days of World War 2.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

revenante

Re: Jason Isaacs Joins Brad Pitt in David Ayer's 'Fury'

Post by revenante » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:47 am

*NOT* about Jason per se, but anyone in the Oxford area fancying a set visit - take care! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox ... e-24533015

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:34 am

I think the John Wick movie will start later... unless one of the movies he was going to film in England was cancelled. Didn't he say in the interview that Char posted that he was going to be in England until December?

Looks like it's dangerous to go to that set...

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:07 pm

I think it just said he'll be back in LA in December. Besides, isn't he emceeing the New Way of Life Gala again on Dec 8th? He's gotta be back for that! (Besides, it's COLD in NY and London in December and warm in LA, time to let him warm his bones). ;-) ~ e

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Well, if the NY film is going on now, I can guarantee it is not winter cold - although it was cr*ppy and rainy this past week at times. *she types as she sits in her apartment with all of the windows open* The Wick film in general is currently filming in NYC (according to various articles and IMDB), but if Jason is there filming...? And if he's not spending too much time in NYC while it is filming then that might be a clue that we have yet another movie where he plays a small part rather than a big one. *makes sad face*

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 am

Someone on Twitter mentioned that the original source have removed the info about JI being cast in John Wick. I think we should probably wait and see with that one.

And I don't think Jason's role is among the 5 because, in the first promo picture, there are 5 people sitting on the tank and he isn't. Maybe he is one of them in the beginning but gets killed early on (hope not!), or he gets promoted/transferred to another place/sent home, and we may see him later in the movie as well, but not all the time (I like that better). Or something else...

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:30 pm

The John Wick thing is on his imdb page, would he allow that to be there if he wasn't involved? I would imagine he or his publicist would have some say on projects posted. (And, now, when he gets to NYC, he's going to need some warm jammies. It's brisk.)

Well, if he's in charge of the tanks (didn't it say that he was in charge, or am I mis-remembering that?), then he doesn't necessarily have to be out in the field. He could be safe & sound at HQ. Or...at least...that's where he is in my head, because I want his character to survive the film. lol.

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:53 pm

IMDb isn't always up to date... and considering what's been on that page before, I don't think anyone is paying very close attention to his page there. But I'm not saying John Wick won't happen, I say it's not 100 % certain, since the original source for this removed the info. But there may be many reasons for them to do that. Maybe he's done some interviews last night, that clears it up. :D

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:13 am

Some news about Fury from the Daily Mail:

Outrage as 'grossly insensitive' Nazi battle scenes are filmed in Oxfordshire village for Brad Pitt's new film... during Remembrance Sunday services

I think the producers of Fury should have listened to requests not to film on Remembrance Sunday.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:05 pm

I hate to put a damper on the Fury party, but as an American, has anyone noticed that WE don't really celebrate/commemorate Veteran's Day like we used to? WE used to have the Poppy pins the Brits wear, we don't have them anymore, but I remember them being sold on the intersection of every corner a few days before 11/11. And Memorial Day? Aside from military folk and politicians who have to play 'look nice for the cameras" it's a day off for a BB-Q, and the start of summer. David Ayer is American, and he's younger than I am. The bombings that happened ~70 years ago didn't happen in OUR backyards, it happened in Europe's backyard, although there were American's there. Absolutely I'm jaded, it's Hollywood, home of a million fabrications and lies, what difference does it make to them if it puts more $ in their pockets? It only pads their bottom line, and that's the name of THAT tune after all, isn't it? After Sunday, all those people will stop their squawking and in 1-2 days it'll be out of the papers. The term "Never forget" applies to SO many things... We've lost our humanity and civility through greed, and won't get it back. nuke.gif ellen

revenante

Post by revenante » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:32 am

fruitbat wrote:Some news about Fury from the Daily Mail...
And on the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24909889 - which does at least refer to the film also starring Jason!

Ridiculously thoughtless and disrespectful.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:45 am

Well, it doesn't help to say they are sorry, when they obviously aren't. :roll:

...and that extra... You can always say no.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:36 am

Well, I just saw this pop up on my twitter feed.
I have never been a fan of Shia Labeouf, and his recent antics in regards to plagarism have left me less than an impressed (especially as I think of how many younger folks look at him as a role model-this is a messge he wants to send to school age kids? Lying, cheating, and plagarising is ok? What a...erm...*coughs & looks innocent*). And then I saw this, apparently he's been annoying lots of folks.

Shia LaBeouf Offends Co-Star Brad Pitt And Jason Isaacs With His Behavior Onset
http://popfiddle.net/site/shia-labeouf- ... ior-onset/

It doesn't really say anything re Jason (or Pitt), but poor Jason. He's got way more patience than I do.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:35 am

Wow - Shia's antics must have been awful. Jason really has a lot of patience but I'd imagine no one wants to put up with a stinker (in more ways than one!)

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:11 pm

And in The Guardian, we see that Rupert Grint has had the misfortune to work with Shia, too.
Doing acid in front of Ron Weasley while filming a scene for his other forthcoming move, The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. "He smashed the place up, got naked and kept seeing this owl," revealed Rupert Grint the other day. "If anything will make you not do drugs, it's watching that."

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:13 pm

All I can ever remember about Shia is that trouble has followed him around, so maybe if he's doing method acting to the nth degree, the next casting director who picks him up should add a "must shower and use deodorant every day", and 'must see a licensed physician or dentist for any ailments' clause in his contract kind of thing. When what you're doing doesn't hurt yourself or others, it's fine, when it does hurt yourself/others, it's a psych diagnosis, somewhere in the DSM 5 that I don't have hanging in my house (but Bird says it to Dr. Evans in Awake in the 12th Epi), and it's true.

Thing is, when you have the great opportunity to work with people who are better and more experienced than you are, you should be smart enough to learn from them, and not thumb your nose at them.

I dunno, I saw this last week and if there's anyone here who knows M*A*S*H and the episode where Winchester blows his French Horn, and Hawkeye and BJ don't shower...the whole camp throws them down and showers them in their clothes on the ground, this story reminded me of that. Had I been on that set, I think thats what I'd have proposed. I think M*A*S*H was before Shia's time...Lol (love me a good prank) ~ellen

Return to “Fury”