Dig (USA series)

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

LadySekhmet

Dig (USA series)

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Did you guys see this?

Jason Isaacs to Star in USA's 'Dig' Event Series
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... dig-680441

It looks like it will bee some sort of mini-series-esque event. He will play a FBI agent. I'm SO excited about this. Oh, I can't wait. Two of my fave things-archaeology & Himself. Comgratulations, Jason!

I hope they get a good consultant archaeologist. Israeli archaeology is complicated, and if they listen to their consultant, it could only make the show stronger..

So excited. :yip

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Re: Dig (USA series)

Post by laurielove » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:38 pm

I can feel your joy positively palpitating off you (is that even possible?!) Sounds fantastic. I'm excited too, believe me. Great stuff.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:13 pm

All the way across the pond, eh? ;) Yes, I am so filled w joy it took me 4 edits to finish posting it, and I still managed bad spelling. lol :D This could be really fun if they do it right. I just hope it's not some Dan Brown-like thing. *shudders in horror* But I remain hopeful! :cool:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:27 pm

LS, you may want to purchase a straitjacket to watch the show if you're this excited from now. :shock:

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Ooo ... this is very good news. Excellent.

Now we just need some hopefully good news on that weekly series that might be in the works.

~Beth~ (MI)

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Thanks LadySekhmet.
This looks great!

How is he gonna have time to be in all of these new projects?

I found more info here: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/13/arts/ ... FJd31k62aw
The plan is to expand to 13 episodes for a second season.
and...
“It has a kind of Indiana Jones meets ‘The Da Vinci Code’ vibe,” Mr. Wachtel said.
If it get's too bad, we can turn it into a drinking game... :mrgreen:

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Wow1 Sounds like a great project for our man. If it is shot in the summer, he can bring the family and have a nice long visit with his parents. :hands

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:13 pm

How Wonderful!! I am so happy for him. Indeed, he can enjoy time with his dear family, Char...fantastic!! :D

amy223

Post by amy223 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Well, this is delightful. Delightful! For a couple of reasons: 1) New project for Mr. Isaacs (always good) and there's ancient archeology involved (fascinating, I think), and 2) I feel so close to those of you who ALSO found Dan Brown's THE DA VINCI CODE poorly executed. Moreso as a book, for me. Oddly, I thought it worked a bit better as a movie but as a writer, the book drove me absolutely nuts. For lots of reasons I won't go into here, because I don't think it's the forum for it. Jason seems to like to take on interesting projects that make audience members really think, so I'm going to trust that he took his good friend Mark Kermode's opinion about that particular tome into some consideration when signing the contract for this project. ;-)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:35 pm

Clearly, De-Nile ain't just a river in Egypt - I totally missed the mention of the cross between Indiana Jones (yay!) and Dan Brown (booo!). Nooooooooo!! I sense the drinking game will have to be implemented, thunder. *crosses fingers* Please let this be good-on all levels. :shock:

That said, I understand that a simple murder mystery with archaeology would not whet the basic audience's desires, so I can see why they would mix the two. It's already a proven, successful formula. *whimpers sadly* Soo...I hope that this can be a smart archaeology/murder mystery/conspiracy show. If they get the "facts" correct and merge them with a smart mystery, I'd want to watch it. *pushes all of her chips towards Jason* I guess we'll see...

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:16 am

Well, maybe he mentioned the Da Vinci Code because it's a conspiracy, and riddles etc... And he's trying to plug it, so I guess, he will compare it to something well known that had/has a large audience. It doesn't have to be as stupid as the Da Vinci Code.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:17 am

Terrific news, sounds like this will be wonderful, time spent with family will be the bonus for him! I too am happy for Mr Jason ( not bad for fans, either)

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:06 am

thunder wrote:....It doesn't have to be as stupid as the Da Vinci Code.
Well, to be fair, that would be difficult to manage. Image

It actually sounds quite interesting. Things are looking up. :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:44 pm

Wow, spending time in J'lem, (aside from Chicago), my favorite city (although truthfully, I'm used to West Jerusalem, I've been to East J'lem, and probably easier than dealing with the assorted religious neighborhoods in W. J'lem), but it's WAAY high up in the mountains, not near the sea, that he likes so much. If I recall, his family lives closer to Tel Aviv, while the country is small, the traffic is mighty. He might need his broomstick, or a refresher course on apparition to get from one city to the next! (come to think of it...might be time for me to go visit my sister, best friend, other assorted relatives too...) :D

I'm really excited about this one too. I wouldn't worry about it being too much like Da Vinci Code, can't see THAT happening. Hmm, does anyone remember those pics he took with Michael Oren and Howard Gordon @ WME last year or so? Wonder if this was a project they discussed? Lady S, I wouldn't worry too much about the facts in archaeology. The Israelis are pretty good, and I believe the team working on the project (ESPECIALLY Jason, who is a stickler for facts) will be sure it is all correct. I put my faith and chips his way too...

So Thunder, now...how do you propose we do that drinking game? Maybe a group skype??? I'm talking rubbish, too much on my plate. THRILLED there is so much on HIS plate. Can't wait to see some of his new stuff! (some? ALL!!! ;-) ) ~ellen

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Right now I'd be happy to watch Jason shovel dirt ..... so glad he will be back on TV even if it is a mini-series! I think the press and publicists have to compare new projects to something already done (even if the project is totally new & different!) Look at the comparisons made when folks were describing Awake. Anyway I look forward to this with much anticipation!

Cheers,
Marie

Return to “Dig”