Filming begins

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

ln419

Re: Filming begins

Post by ln419 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:21 am

I realize noone (from DIG) may be reading this but Jason, and if ya are- for what it's worth...I'd go for your 2nd alternative site...which won't be nearly as great, but I doubt you'll be able to complete your work HERE. NOW. I don't know who'll be sorrier, you and the cast, or the audience...but things will NOT be quiet for a LONG time I think. For what it's worth, it's generally quiet in Jerusalem... (no one wants to hit J'lem, but their aim isn't great, which is how Hebron got hit). I'm sorry mazik.
B'hatzlacha. ~ ellen

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Got to like what they said about Jason's character traveling the globe and solving mysteries. Um I vote yes!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:52 am

Im with you Marie and vote yes-go east to Texas and SHOOT! ~ellen
Last edited by ln419 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:55 pm

I saw that comment about travelling and solving "mildly historically" (I believe one reporter said) mysteries and all I could think of was this:

"BACK FROM YET ANOTHER GLOBETROTTING ADVENTURE, INDIANA JONES CHECKS HIS MAIL AND DISCOVERS THAT HIS BID FOR TENURE HAS BEEN DENIED."

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/back ... een-denied

:lol

No matter how much I adore Indy, it would be the very sad truth if Indy lived in the real academic archaeological world...

*whispers* Although I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have a fedora that I could potentially wear out in the field...however, I might feel a little cheated that I didn't get a bullwhip when I got my PhD.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:18 am

Oh! I didn't realize you had wanted a bullwhip! I'll get on that right away! I THOUGHT I spotted some in the open market the other day... ;-) ~ellen

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:08 am

I thought the bullwhip was mandatory, it must be a mistake!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Haha! Yeah, so did we. Guess not. We have to be content w the fedora.

Well, Tyrant was shooting in Israel, but they moved to Turkey (actually, I was surprised to hear that Tyrant was shooting in Israel, I had thought they were shooting in Morroco, Algeria, or Tunisia, or perhaps even Jordan or Lebanon-since those seem to the top choices for "indeterminate Middle Eastern county"-perhaps someplace like Sardinia would be a good stand-in country). If they've done all of the shots that are city specific, then I wouldn't be surprised if they move to another country and do an alternate Israel.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:09 am

From what I've read, I get the impression that they can film the rest elsewhere without having to change too much. They clearly have thought about this scenario from the beginning.

Return to “Dig”