Filming begins

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

ln419

Re: Filming begins

Post by ln419 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:58 pm

I'm not quite sure what this will do to their timing but he's scheduled to do Comic Con in San Diego on July 27, so I guess they'll have to break early or shoot around him (?). Poor thing if he has to fly for a day and turn around...THAT is truly a terribly horrible experience being awake for that long-sheesh! ~ellen
Last edited by ln419 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:18 am

Well promoting is a big part of the job and he has been to Comi-Con before (promoted Awake) so he knows all about the insanity (wish I could go again but impossible to get tickets now!!)

He will most probably have a seat that turns into a bed on the flight over - and hopefully can catch some z's on the plane.

Rock on Jason!

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:24 am

It said Jason and Anne Heche will be 'appearing live via satellite from Israel' on July 24th.

There are people on the panel but the only name I recognize is Allison Sudol.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:08 pm

I didn't see where it said that they would be appearing "live via satellite from Israel" but it SURE makes more sense than endless travel (even if it was on the learjet sleeping all the way). It's just very hard on the person with all the time changes and all the craziness of Comic Con. Of course he's experienced it, and he was BRILLIANT; he'll probably be MORE brilliant in the same time zone, (even though it won't be as much fun for him). Absolutely, promoting and marketing are ESSENTIAL, but right now, travel is very difficult; the less you have to do back and forth to the US from the mid east the easier it is-no matter how famous you are (unless you have your own plane, and while he's jumped from one, I haven't heard anything about him earning his pilot's wings, or owning his own plane). ~ellen :idea:

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:31 am

So now, anyone have any info how long this hiatus is to last? If the show is to be shown in the fall of 2014...thats not much time if they're STILL not working. Yes, I KNOW about the rockets..
I also know people go about their business there too. Have they changed their minds about shooting location? They seem to be targeting Tel Aviv more than J'lem....THEY want J'lem too much (sorry, political, but part of sentence and what the deal is). So, anyone have news? ~ellen

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:53 pm

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/14697 ... -in-israel

I don't know when this interview was made. The most informative up until now.

Marie

Post by Marie » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:26 pm

Great interview Thunder - thanks for posting that! Lots of info but not much info! :cool:

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Thanks, Thunder!

amy223

Post by amy223 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:05 pm

This is a link I stumbled upon the other day with general information about shooting of many TV shows in Israel via projectcasting.com (it's a long, labyrinthine story about why I often visit this website, but suffice it to say, I am frequently on this website).

http://www.projectcasting.com/news/us-t ... t-attacks/

I don't know if that answers any questions--and apologies if it just created more. My Pisces psychic skills have been complete failures this summer, so I will not attempt to mind read what will happen. Just sending lots of love & light to everyone in the region right now, and everyone with friends or family there.

Also--I loved that interview, Thunder! Thanks for finding and sharing. I smiled out loud at the image of Jason Isaacs dancing around to "Say a Little Prayer" by Aretha Franklin. Perfection. :-)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:07 am

Thanks to both Thunder AND Amy! ~ellen :cool:

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:51 am

Thanks, Amy :D

Marie

Post by Marie » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Another good article - thank you Amy!

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:05 am

FYI: on hiatus for this next up coming week (due to circumstances beyond control...). I don't know if this will be able to be completed, or even WHERE the Comic Con panel will be filmed...it may very well just be done in SD if they can complete the series. I don't hear any rhetoric of cease fire, and even when there IS...rockets still come.~ellen

amy223

Post by amy223 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:54 pm

I get Variety in my twitter news feed & saw today that Jason & Anne and Tim Kring & Gideon Raff are in Los Angeles at the moment premiering the pilot for DIG. So you know how you click one link and then 10 hours later you're in the weirdest websites ever created? (No? It's probably just me.) At any rate, I saw this in my twitter feed earlier today:

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/tca-liv ... 201260674/ (just someone recording cast/crew's responses to questions being posed at the Big DIG Reveal. It's not very long, but Jason is quoted a couple of times.)

And that somehow landed me on these:

http://communityvoices.post-gazette.com ... s-with-dig

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dig-Tyrant- ... 84263.aspx

Gosh, I bet this is frustrating for them all. But I'm also glad they're being safe and exploring all their options. As for me, I've been and will continue to keep EVERYone in Israel and/or with loved ones in Israel wrapped in light and love and big, big prayers. Hoping it calms down so a more peaceful way of handling disagreements can take place and all those folks can get back to work.

-Amy, who missed her calling as a professional internet surfer

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Thanks, Amy :D

This says they have back-up plans:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2 ... topstories

And pics of Jason at Summer TCA Tour here:
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/G4muqQNU ... son+Isaacs

Return to “Dig”