Speculations (SPOILERS - obviously)

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Speculations (SPOILERS - obviously)

Post by Helen8 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Now, where is the last stone?

Tosca, in the coming attractions, what I saw before the DVR recording ran out, Yousef breaks up a mosaic of Jesus in front of a group of tourists and pulls out the last stone. That could be why it would be the hardest to get because it was out for all to see and not easy to steal in full view of people . . . unless, of course, you're Yousef. :twisted:

check her necklace, the shape of those stones look the same as the ones in the box.

Char, I noticed that, too. That would be like a neon sign indicating "I've got the stones!" (pun intended)

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Helen8 thanks for the info on the last stone! The copy I watched didn't have the next episode scenes.
Looking a bit better to Peter's daughter's photo (several viewings of ep.2), I get the sensation that it's Alison Sudol in dark glasses and in an angle that makes her face look longer. Plus, no actress is listed as playing Vicky Connelly, but IMDB is sometimes unreliable.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:08 am

I still think it's too sci fi to clone children. A surrogate mother (virgin) that they killed off perhaps...? And that purity thing concerns me. Wonder if they are going to sacrifice Josh. Innocent lamb and all that... Hope not. They have a plan for him, for sure.

What if Yussef really is on the good side, and the senator's son was on the bad side... and he killed him, and the senator wants him caught because he wants the stones...? It's so typical that they present someone as the bad guy in the beginning, but it turns out they aren't. I have nothing else that I build this on. It's funny to come up with new theories, though. :mrgreen:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:42 pm

Thunder - I was wondering the same thing. Mis-direction is often used in mysteries so it is not a so far out there theory. I'm not so fond of Josh V2.0. He said I was hoping you would be there if I needed you - during the ceremony. So she is shaking her head no and he lifts the sword and no nore Mooo. I think he said that to her so that she stayed at the compoudn because he is a smart little git and he knew she was trying to escape.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Yes, I thought the same thing. Josh 2.0 is a manipulative little psychopath. :uhoh

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Not so pure, is he?

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:52 pm

:idea: Maybe the Josh1.0 and Josh2.0 are like Christ and Antichrist? The creepy pastor said they had to go to an alternative plan when they had killed off Josh1.0, Maybe they both were meant to have an important part in Armageddon (battle between them?), but they now have to go to plan B, whatever that is.

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:18 pm

Wow-deep symbolism. But you may be right. ;-)

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:32 am

I don't know, but it would have been fun to have at least one theory right... :mrgreen:

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:52 am

Has anyone spotted the Dig symbol in any of the first 2 episodes?

Haaretz review talks openly about Josh clones. Would they know that for sure, through a connection with the Dig production? Not very good review though. Hope ratings will hold during the next episodes. We must know how the story ends!

IMDB has given an actress name for Vicki. So that's settled, it's not Alison Sudol.

There's really space for another stone in the Ambassador's box. So presumably she knows where it is, but is not showing it. Is she afraid of putting all stones together in one single place?

Curiously the stone retrieved in ep. 3 looks blue and the one in ep. 1 is red. May not have any connection with Dig, but I heard a radio program once that was about the history of colours and apparently Red was the first colour to have a name, so in ancient books (thousands of years) red appears as a named colour. And blue was the last one to be named. Even the sky was not described as blue in Homer's works. And the colour of the sea was not named as blue either. Is the sky given the colour blue in the old bible? How old is the artefact that Yussef Khalid stole? Is this a real artefact or was it just made up by the Dig creators?

Really gearing up for ep. 3!

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:09 am

I haven't seen the dig symbol anywhere, but haven't been looking for it either. :oops:
I think the media has been given the first 3 episodes to review, so maybe they know something we don't. Or they may just be speculating and making theories as we are... ;-)

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:16 pm

I hope ratings are good but be prepared for a bit of a let down - the first real full day of March Madness is Thursday. Thirty+ games are being played. Unfortunately very popular in the 20's demographic.

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:13 pm

The lost some viewers between episode 1 and 2 as well...
I post this here, because it's about what's coming. They present some of their own questions, and there's an interview with Jason saying:
By the end of episode six, there’s a surprise so shocking that you might want to go back and watch the previous episodes—re-watch them through the prism of what you now know
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/19/ja ... 27s%3A+TV)

Hmm.... :scratch

Marie

Post by Marie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Well they have us believing that certain people/groups are bad guys. My guess is it will be a big flip. Those we thought were bad turn out to be good - some we thought were good turn out to be in on the conspiracy.

I wish Jason had not said that most of the characters were dead at the end - takes a wee bit of the surprise away (but at least I'm prepared now! LOL) ;-)

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:43 pm

Here's an article about the numbers in Dig, and why they may be important or symbolize something. http://www.religionnews.com/2015/03/19/ ... h-numbers/
I need to see the episode again before coming up with my own theories. I'll be back... :D

Return to “Dig”