Episode 3: Meet the Rosenbergs

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Episode 3: Meet the Rosenbergs

Post by Helen8 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:50 pm

Didn't lose as many viewers as we did from Ep. 1 to Ep. 2. The serious . . . er, smart . . . viewers are left and sticking with it. :hands

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:10 pm

That's what I thought too. :D

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:26 pm

Ugh. The rich guy's antiquities collection totally hit a raw nerve with me. Men like him perpetuate the looting of archaeological sites and museums and sale of illegally obtained artifacts on the black market because they buy objects off the black market. The current situation in the Middle East is not only a perfect storm regarding this issue in general, but there has also been some debate/discussion between archaeologists, research institutions/museums, and the US DOS (as well as other countries' government) that some looting and illegal resale from Syria and Iraq may be helping to partially fund the activities of Daesh. So. Yeah. That bit made me particularly growly. :soap :shh

And I knew that creepy professor was a total b****d-see my ex-graduate student spidey sense was right! What a *insert nasty adjective of your choice here*!

And I'm totally with Thunder re the label of evil psychopath for Josh 2, but I still think he's a clone. Didn't they make some comment of him not being born of man or something like that in a previous episode?

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:45 am

Yes, you are right, but I don't think that rules out surrogate.... anyway. It's just me having an issue with clones (I think it's "jumping the shark") :mrgreen:

Spoiler
Glad that stone was fake. Hope the rest of the collection is fake as well, and that he paid a lot for it. :razz

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:54 am

Sorry I didn't get which stone was fake. Was it the one Emma gave to Peter, or the one Yussef stole in ep. 3?

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:26 am

The stone that Yussef stole in this episode was fake, I think. :???:

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:57 pm

I also didn't get the next episode scenes that may have appeared by the end of ep.3 (they were cut in the copy I viewed). What were they about? It's good that the ratings were stable from ep2 to ep3. It's the ones that want to know about the story. I don't know much about American series while they are being broadcast, but they wouldn't cut one complete series abruptly, would they? I mean, they will air all 10 episodes of Dig for sure?

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Tosca Nini wrote:... I don't know much about American series while they are being broadcast, but they wouldn't cut one complete series abruptly, would they? I mean, they will air all 10 episodes of Dig for sure?
Tosca, it has happened that when a show has been cancelled, the network has not broadcast all the episodes, (I can't recall a single show at the moment, though). However, I do think that, as the Dig episodes are not stand alone, and reflect an arc, they would not penalize loyal fans by withholding them. At least, I hope.

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:51 pm

I posted in the wrong topic! Need a break, I think. :oops: :mrgreen:

Here it is in the right place...

Dig has already been sold to other countries. (Canada, Israel, Australia - that I know of. And coming to Norway April 13, :wheee ) So I don't think they'll cancel it. And comparing the ratings to other USA series, it doesn't look so bad. Since they don't cancel those shows, why would they cancel this?
I'm more worried for a second season...

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:26 pm

OK, relief then, thanks much. Hope they sell it to even more countries and that a DVD is released. Maybe it will pick better reviews later in the series and they can commission another dose. The current reviews in IMDB are horrible!

Return to “Dig”