Episode 6: The Well of Souls

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Tosca Nini

Re: Episode 6: The Well of Souls

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:35 am

No live tweeting again... Sri Lanka elephants and mosquitos instead.
And well earned holidays for JI and family!

Will buy soles (souls) and pita (Peter) today, though.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:48 am

Thunder, I read the document about the Illuminati and it all seems rather alarming, but the part of worshipping Satan made me very sceptical. Isn't that too much DaVinci Code far fetched? As a historian, have you come across anything like that? I know Freemasons are weird, and many in Portugal are opportunistic, they should clean their ranks actually. But they don't worship Satan, even in the high ranks! I'm just imagining José Manuel Barroso worshipping Satan and the whole thought is hilarious!

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:31 pm

They're updating IMDB quickly now

Episode 10 - Armaggedon Protocol (No plot yet)

To be broadcast on May 7 - the day of the General UK elections!

As in UK they count votes very slowly and announce the winners well into late night, Jason will be watching both the election counting and Ep. 10 at the same time. If the Tories win he will be very p**** off. If Labour wins he will be completely euphoric. Hope he live tweets, because that night I'll be watching the UK vote counting and so I can follow the tweets.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:55 pm

That can be interesting, he's quite eager about the election already now... no question where he stands. :mrgreen:
Here's the sneak peek (Lynn gives Peter a warning) without region block: http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/the-sp ... april.html

Didn't see your previous post. Sorry. :oops:
About the Illuminati, I will be very skeptical about anything I read, because an organization like that will draw a lot conspiracy theories to them. Conspiracies can be big business. People selling books etc... And they can be very dangerous, like the conspiracy of The Protocol of the elders of Zion. A complete fraud, but it lead to the Holocaust, and there are people who still believe in it. The terror attack in Norway in 2011 was also based on a conspiracy theory.

There was an order in the 1700s base on enlightenment ideas, I think.. Three are no historical evidence to prove they still exist. Makes some entertaining movies, though...

Preview of Golan and Peter chasing a guy and a fight. https://twitter.com/DIGonUSA/status/586219614977171456
I think I posted it before, but but it was region blocked?

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Thanks for Illuminating me, Thunder. And I've just realised I don't know enough about the driving forces behind the Holocaust. I had heard about it, but never read anything substantial about it. Just saw documentaries.

Yes, conspiracy theories are very dangerous. One of our ex-prime ministers is in prison now and it is thought that there is a conspiracy theory behind it. And the same conspiracy argument may have brought another one of our politicians to be charged (and then freed) in a peadophilia case. Anyway the thing has been rolling since 2003 and we don't know how it's going to end. It even brought down one of our main banks last summer and almost our Portuguese Telecom.

Thanks also for the new video, in fact it's not region blocked anymore. Haven't we seen the guy they are chasing before?
Lovely graffiti too, exactly the same as in Lisbon...

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:40 pm

Tosca Nini wrote:.....
As in UK they count votes very slowly and announce the winners well into late night, Jason will be watching both the election counting and Ep. 10 at the same time. If the Tories win he will be very p**** off. If Labour wins he will be completely euphoric. Hope he live tweets, because that night I'll be watching the UK vote counting and so I can follow the tweets.
I hope he keeps his hashtags separate. Image

I remember the last UK election. I don't understand why it took so long for the count. I'll have to catch up on these posts tonight (perhaps while others are watching Dig :D ).

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:44 pm

He doesn't look familiar to me, but it goes by so fast with all the running and cutting back and forth . . . who can tell?

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:58 am

Looks like it's coming together now, and it's gonna be a race to find out what's really happening and to stop the madness. I can't wait, loving it more and more.

A week until next episode...
It's like the spring runs much faster when I have a JI series to look forward to each week. It was the same with Awake. :D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:32 am

Well, the secret is out!

Of course the surprise was somewhat spoiled by the fact that I followed the series production. But anyway I think they made it well. It was important to reveal that secret quickly, so that they can do a lot of explaining and full linking between plots. For me the real Digging starts now, and it's the more complicated reasons behind everyone's behaviour that constitutes the peeling of layers and path to the truth (Christ, I sound pretentious...).

I think many surprises are still to come. And the many souls that have fallen into that Well, and are yet to fall, have a long tale to tell (even more pretentious...). "Trust no One" indeed...

Looking forward to buy some Red Turkish Delights (that breastplate with stones looks rather yummy...) and a packet of Bodies of Chrisp (does anyone know what a Body of Chrisp is?).

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:01 am

Some kind of chips? No idea.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:20 am

Inside ep. 6 is online, no geo. restrictions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX5FI7RJTXs

Actually the whole episode is openly online... strange... (won't give link though).

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:29 am

Here's an article speculating what's coming next:

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/dig_emma_wi ... th-2015-04

"Dig" pulled a fast one on fans by revealing that after half a season of looking for Emma Wilson's (Alison Sudol) murderer that the mysterious redhead is actually alive. Now the questions for Peter (Jason Isaacs) will be who took Emma and why, and can he trust her to help him figure out the bigger mystery of the prophecy?
Emma will be key in helping him keep focus as they go forward. Sudol explains that surviving has definitely been the first priority for Emma and figuring out why she's been dragged into this plot will take precedence over any of Peter's other issues.

"She's been in a pretty insane, crazy situation that sheer survival is the her number one focus. All of the finer moments are things to be delved into or discovered," Sudol says. "It's surviving something that's been quite a harrowing ordeal and finding out why she's a part of it."

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:34 am

Thanks Helen and Tosca

The ratings went a little up again:
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/dig-s ... ngs-35954/

Not a lot, though...

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm glad I avoided this thread until I'd watched the episode. I was not disappointed.

Other observations:

- Josh is becoming (slightly) more sympathetic.

- I actually believed for a minute that Debbie was going to stay at the FBI. I didn't think it would have a "calling Ted's bluff" situation, as she knows they would have no qualms about killing Charlie, but I believed she would have been putting Josh first.

- I am actively avoiding Dig's imdb board as it lists the number of episodes each character is appears in. (Even though I know imdb can be incorrect, I don't want to take the chance.)

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:11 pm

IMDb is wrong about the number of episodes a character appears in already.

Return to “Dig”