USA boss calls Dig "phenomenal"

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

USA boss calls Dig "phenomenal"

Post by thunder » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:52 am

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/wwe-nhl ... 201469268/
“Dig” was a big investment for you but the live ratings have been soft, by USA standards. How do you feel about it?

We think it’s been phenomenal for us. We like the big event nature of it. We have a very dedicated audience in linear, VOD and L3. We think it’s a fantastically well done show creatively. It’s a great show for the network because it’s showing we are taking the big swings we need to take. And we’re beating all of our C3 estimates with “Dig,” but of course we don’t know that until two weeks after each episode airs.
:wheee

He doesn't say anything about a second season, but this is very positive, I think.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: USA boss calls Dig "phenomenal"

Post by Marie » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:17 am

Thunder - thanks for posting that. It makes me very happy to hear it. You are right no promise of a second go but at least it is positive!!!

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:58 am

Looks good, thanks thunder. I commented again.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:29 pm

I'm glad they're taking alternative viewing options into account. Everyone is so busy these days, we don't always have the ability to watch while it's on tv. Plus, I love Vikings, so some weeks I trade off (since they are on at the same times), and have to watch the other show on-demand.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:07 pm

I hardly ever watch TV directly. It's mostly recorded things, or web-TV. I can't organize myself to see things when it's actually being aired.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:59 am

I use alternative viewing options so often that I forget that I can't rewind/pause when I use conventional tv.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Ha - I know exactly what you mean! But since I DVR it also - I'll sometimes go back and watch it again. So much is going on in that show - it's easy to miss stuff.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:07 pm

I begin by watching but always fall asleep...DVR is essential, can FF through the commercials :hug

Return to “Dig”