Stockholm, PA

Saoirse Ronan plays a young woman who struggles to adapt to a normal life after being kidnapped for most of her childhood. Jason Isaacs plays her kidnapper.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Re: Stockholm, PA

Post by laurielove » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Clearly a story along these lines would be filmed soon due to the numerous cases of situations like this in recent years. It is fascinating, disturbing and has a compelling 'there but for the grace of ...' quality about it which intrigues us all, and it is therefore worth exploring through fiction or drama. But it is such a delicate, raw issue that it would have to be done brilliantly to pull it off. From Jason's email it sounds as if the intentions and potential of this production are just that. FIngers crossed. The issues involved are so far beyond simply 'falling in love' or otherwise. I'm sure it will be explored with depth and humanity.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:54 pm

It's a fine line between speculative and brilliant about these issues on film. Hope they'll pull it off.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:07 pm

It sounds like he has his hand in some of the page to screen 'stuff'. "Fingers crossed we didn't screw it up from page to screen" - (he usually compliments what's on the page and helps make it better). It IS a very delicate place to wander, there are aspects to those type of relationships which can be much more common than appearances dictate. ~ellen

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:21 am

If you haven’t seen this one, and you have access to the Lifetime MOVIE Network (LMN)—which is NOT the same as “Lifetime”—here’s your chance!!

LMN will be airing the movie (which premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival, then was acquired by Lifetime in March, 2015, and aired on May 2, 2015...the only time I’ve seen it) on Wednesday, September 25, at 8:00 AM, EDT (NYC time...that’s 1:00 PM, GMT; CYLL).

The story itself is fictional, and it offers a different side of Jason, and a couple of rarely-seen looks...just sayin’.... 😉

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:25 am

Thanks, Hot Wheels. It's a long time since I've seen this.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:26 pm

thunder wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:25 am
Thanks, Hot Wheels. It's a long time since I've seen this.
Same here. I’ve already put it on my calendar, with an alert, so I’ll be sure to be (AHEM!) 😉 “awake” in time to watch it!

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:23 am

That's early, but it's Jason... you can do it! ;-)

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:32 am

thunder wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:23 am
That's early, but it's Jason... you can do it! ;-)
With my “schedule” (long story...please don’t ask), 8:00 is practically sleeping late! 😉

Are we allowed to post screen caps or videos from TV (or should I plan on keeping anything for my own? 😇

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:36 am

Screen caps is fine, but please credit the maker if you didn't do them yourself and please post a link to where you found them, so the maker can get the hits on their blog etc.

If it's a video: Trailers, short promomaterial, or short clips and scenes are fine if it's posted on a well known hosting site like YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion etc. Don't post link to where to see the whole movie unless the uploader has the right to distribute it (i.e, the director or the production complany). If you don't know, don't post....

It's not so hard, just use your common sense. :D

Don't link to dodgy/virus/pirate sites.... :mrgreen:

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:13 pm

thunder wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:36 am
Screen caps is fine, but please credit the maker if you didn't do them yourself and please post a link to where you found them, so the maker can get the hits on their blog etc.

If it's a video: Trailers, short promomaterial, or short clips and scenes are fine if it's posted on a well known hosting site like YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion etc. Don't post link to where to see the whole movie unless the uploader has the right to distribute it (i.e, the director or the production complany). If you don't know, don't post....

It's not so hard, just use your common sense. :D

Don't link to dodgy/virus/pirate sites.... :mrgreen:
Thanks, Boss! I’m glad I asked first this time! 😁

Return to “Stockholm, Pennsylvania”