GREAT! Episode 4!

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

malfoygrandma

GREAT! Episode 4!

Post by malfoygrandma » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:15 am

aaa.gif I loved this whole episode! My husband, unwell, did not stay up to watch and so I regaled him with a rehash of Kat and Eileen and the Adventure of Grandma Caffee's Car! That was one of the best things I have seen about Kat and Eileen! Wonderful! Kat's description of sex with Mike--an animal!--and the fact that he has taught her to carry and shoot a weapon! Just great! I enjoyed the entire episode and will just have to watch it at least three more times this week, thanks to showtime for airing it repeatedly!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:54 am

I thought it was a bit short on Michael, myself.

I was also horrified at this dreadful conspiracy to 1) defraud an insurance company [though in fact we don't know if this actually happened, but knowing Rose, it certainly seems likely] and 2) let that miserable child completely off the hook.

And can I please see a show of hands from all who agree that Janel Moloney's character is now officially the biggest nut-job on the show???!
Man, she should be going with Moe (whose name is short for Moron, I suspect).

On a tangential side-note--I remember reading discussion of graphic depictions of vomiting on TV, especially HBO; time was when you would hear faint sound effects off-screen and get the idea. The explanation proffered was that in order to maintain their 'edginess', shows like The Sopranos had to keep 'pushing the envelope', and after pretty explicit sex scenes and *very* explicit gore, that was just the gimmick of the year.
Is seeing people sitting on the toilet this year's?? 'Cause I can do without.
On the plus side: Colin's growing on me.

RedHandedJill

Post by RedHandedJill » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:59 am

I wish I had showtime :( :rave :bawl

Red

mrsmaul

Post by mrsmaul » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:59 am

I thought the Eileen/Kath stuff was much needed, it added a little humor and lightness to the show. But I just have to ask, Am I the the only not feeling Kath and Michael? I want Jason to really sizzle with someone and the only person he seems to really go well with is Eileen and we know that won't happen. And is everybody on this show so damn dysfunctional?

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Too little of Michael in Episode 4. I like Kath/Eileen intreaction. Kath is looking prettier than season 1 ans I may decide she does deserve to pair with Michael. Although I still want Michael to play the field a bit more before settling down.

I don't think Michael will EVER betray his little brother by having an affair with Eileen. He's too loyal.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:26 pm

Chari910 wrote:Too little of Michael in Episode 4. I like Kath/Eileen intreaction. Kath is looking prettier than season 1 ans I may decide she does deserve to pair with Michael. Although I still want Michael to play the field a bit more before settling down.

I don't think Michael will EVER betray his little brother by having an affair with Eileen. He's too loyal.

That's not even an option, I wasn't implying that. I just want Jason to really shine with someone the way he does with Eileen. That's all I meant. Whether they are arguing or the few times when they are nice to each other, it's so powerful and wonderfully played by both performers. I am not crazy about him being this instant family man, especially to children that are not his, like you I want him to play the fields a bit and meet someone he just works so well with, like he does with the actress that plays Eileen..

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:17 pm

wonder if Kath gets pregnant, one of the reasons Michael would
consider a drastic lifestyle change...
:shock:

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:23 pm

God I hope not, i want Mike to be a rogue for a little while, why are they so determined to make him a family man?

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:50 pm

Well for such a steadfast family figure, Kath's kids sure aren't in much evidence, are they???
MrsMaul, I agree that, intended or not, there's a definite spark between Michael and Eileen (or Jason Isaacs and Annabeth Gish, anyway).

(And MG, I hope it's nothing serious)

RaveGyrl

Post by RaveGyrl » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:36 pm

Hilary the Touched, I noticed that little spark last season on that 1st ep when Michael walked in I just felt something more was there, the way Eileen looked at him and the ep when Freddie's son killed himself and he was helping Eileen make sandwiches in the kitchen. I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

Anyway, on last night's ep I wanted to give Michael a big bear hug after his mother pulled that little stunt at the table. He looked like a wounded puppy. :-( :-( :-(

As far as Michael settling down, that's not going to happen any time soon. There's a big part of him (post-beatdown) that wants to prove that he is still the Michael Caffee that many once feared. He loves Kath dearly, yet I still don't think that even she can't tie him down. Especially if Michael gets his memory back and find out those little "secrets" that Declan, Freddie, and Tommy hold, he will become a force to be reckoned with.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:23 pm

RaveGyrl

Post by RaveGyrl » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:24 pm

Char, you always floor me with the great screencaps.
Love those eyes.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:36 am

Thank you, Char--those are positively savoury!!

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:48 am

Oh Char Be still my heart!! :D Love the pictures!

lyra70

Post by lyra70 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:16 am

I can't watch season 2 till the DVD (still hoping someone puts up clips on youtube other than video ones with music) but i have to totally agree about the chemistry between Jason and Annabeth in their few scenes together in season 1. That kitchen sandwich scene had more sparks and tension than any of the Michael/Kath scenes, even if it wasn't meant to. And when Eileen freaks out on Michael for bringing her daughter to the seafood place - very electric. I'm actually glad they are not doing the obvious (for now) and bringing these two together. They could have used Pete's death for that but it would have just been too easy.

I'm being really speculative here but I suspect perhaps a mutual unspoken physical attraction between these two actors for them to be giving off that level of chemistry. Or maybe it's just me finding them both very attractive (whereas Kath does nothing for me).

Return to “Brotherhood”