Press Release from RI Film/TV Office

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Press Release from RI Film/TV Office

Post by Chari910 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:28 pm

7-23-2008

SHOWTIME'S BROTHERHOOD BEGINS FILMING THIRD SEASON

The Rhode Island Film & Television Office is proud to announce that BROTHERHOOD, the critically acclaimed winner of a 2007 Peabody award, will commence photography for its third season on location in Rhode Island beginning Monday, July 28, 2008. The drama stars Jason Isaacs, Jason Clarke, Annabeth Gish and Fionnula Flanagan. It was created by Blake Masters and is Executive Produced by Mr. Masters, Henry Bromell and Elizabeth Stephen, and produced by Donna Bloom.

BROTHERHOOD is the first television series to be filmed entirely in the State of Rhode Island. The premium cable network has ordered eight more episodes to be shot on location in Providence and East Providence, as well as other towns and cities within the Ocean State.

Steven Feinberg, Executive Director of the Rhode Island Film & Television Office, welcomes the groundbreaking series Brotherhood back to the Ocean State, adding, "The return of Brotherhood will provide additional opportunities for our talented and dedicated local workforce. In the previous two seasons, Brotherhood has employed over 300 local, full-time crew members, and produced more than 225 speaking roles for local actors along with approximately 3,000 extra and walk-on roles. I would like to extend my gratitude to the Showtime executives, producers, cast and crew for making our beautiful state their location of choice."

In January 2008, when Showtime announced Brotherhood would be returning to Rhode Island for a third season, several of our elected officials commented:

"The decision to film a third season of Brotherhood in Rhode Island is a tribute to a good story and a great place to tell it," Governor Carcieri said. "Rhode Island is proud to welcome this project home, and the state Film and Television office should be credited for putting our state in front of the Hollywood decision makers."

Speaker of the House William J. Murphy said, "It's great news that Showtime has decided to shoot a third season of Brotherhood entirely in Rhode Island. The production was the first one to take advantage of the General Assembly's film and television tax credit legislation, which has been a tremendous success. We welcome them back to film more scenes in our House chamber and offices."

"It is exciting to have Showtime's Brotherhood back in Rhode Island for the filming of its third consecutive season," said President of the Senate Joseph A. Montalbano. "For two years Showtime has experienced the numerous benefits of filming in Rhode Island first hand, and it goes without saying that the on-location production has lent a significant authenticity to the program. Our state's small size and big beauty have made Rhode Island an attractive shooting location for multiple productions, both large and small, in the few short years since we adopted film tax incentives. We look forward to many more years of hosting Brotherhood and other productions here, which in turn will bring more jobs and other opportunities to all Rhode Islanders."

Providence Mayor David N. Cicilline remarked upon hearing the news, "I congratulate Blake Masters and the entire crew of Brotherhood for a great achievement in an incredibly competitive industry. Brotherhood is a tremendous source of good, steady jobs that pay well for our local actors and production professionals. It has been a pleasure to work closely with the Brotherhood team at every level of city government and we welcome them back for a third year."

The Rhode Island Film & Television Office recently hosted HACHIKO, starring award winners Richard Gere and Joan Allen; TELL-TALE, a thriller starring Josh Lucas and Brian Cox; and the Warner Brothers'/Tyra Banks film production of the best-selling book series THE CLIQUE.

The Rhode Island Film & TV Office is a division of The Rhode Island State Council on the Arts. For additional information on any of the past or current productions filming in Rhode Island, please visit our website at www.film.ri.gov.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Thanks, Char. Looks like the start date is definitive.

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Yea!!!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Yaaaay, great news!

Thanks Char,

~me

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:20 pm

Awesome newwwsss!!!!!
Next week?...YAY!!!!!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:10 am

thanx Char, I deleted my post, I didn't see your post...LOL
great news

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:21 am

Great news but what about a Press Conference??????

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 am

I was looking for that info too. Hope we'll know soon..

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:06 am

I would assume, the press conference would happen maybe today or tomorrow, for filming to begin on Monday...either that or they would have the press conference next week...

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 pm

Well - if by some miracle it happens on Aug 1st let me know because I'll be flying into Providence that morning for a visit with my Mom & Dad!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:13 pm

Finally getting the show on the road! We've waited long enough for filming to begin! :hands

Return to “Brotherhood”