306 Picutres and Discussion

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

306 Picutres and Discussion

Post by Chari910 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:23 am

Rose was so mean to Michael in this episode, so unlike her WTH??

Michael tried to please her so hard but she kept knocking him down. Poor, poor Mikey. We'll love you instead....'kay?

The couch is a loveseat not even a sofa. No adult can sleep on there. LOL

The great dad in real life shows up here

Image Image

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:46 am

thanx Char, fabulous caps....

jeah, why was Rose so mean to Michael?? Calling him useless, and
making him sleep on the sofa/loveseat.....Michael's feet where
hanging off the top...

that was a great scene with the kids, albeit too short....

No interaction between Michael and Tommy this episode...

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:17 am

I felt so bad for Michael too, and it pissed me off when she kept saying "If Colin was here..." Rose! He's not there but your SON is...Honestly, I wanted to punch her in the face. But I guess Colin has been a better "son" than Michael and Tommy combined. But still...call him useless.... :evil:

I laughed everytime they showed poor Michael sleeping on the couch! He was so tall for that little sofa!

The first scene was so...holy sh!t. All I kept sayin was "Michael WTF!" He was completely outta control. Urgh...

I liked this episode. It was pretty good, but Tommy keeps pissing me off! Poor Eileen, did you see how big she was? and having to do that crib by herself...it seems like no one is really EXCITED about this new baby...

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:40 am

Oh this man....poor thing, his gorgeous feet are over the top of that couch!!

My, my the man looks fine...a bit out of control though!!! :D

And Rose was "HORRIBLE" to him...it made me so mad and I can't stand Colin anymore!!

He so loves kids...that pic is adorable!!

Thank you Char...this is so wonderful.:hug

Hugs,
Kate

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:14 am

Cute screencaps, thanks, Char!
Too bad that I can't see brotherhood, sniff...

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:34 pm

But I guess Colin has been a better "son" than Michael and Tommy combined. But still...call him useless

Haven't seen it yet, but I was curious enough to read all your comments. Colin was the first one who had noticed that something was wrong with Rose and had shown any concern for her. Also, he's her one connection to the deceased Len Cariou character.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:22 pm

Helen, that's an excellent reminder--I'd forgotten that Colin was Judd's son.
I was initially really taken aback by Rose's behaviour as well, but then--
Colin has been far more observant and attentive than Rose's children (easy for him, as he essentially has no one else in his life)
and I think Rose is relishing rubbing Michael's nose in what she perceives as his betrayal of her: he left her for another woman. And she doesn't appreciate being taken for granted. She wants her kids groveling.
With Kath, as Rose astutely guessed, throwing Michael out, he's rendered, to a weird degree, powerless--he doesn't really have any place of his own.

I cackled at the brief glimpse of Michael reading to Kath's kiddies.

marilaine

Re: 306 Picutres and Discussion

Post by marilaine » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:00 pm

Chari910 wrote:
Rose was so mean to Michael in this episode, so unlike her WTH??
Yeah, she was a bit of a meanie. :razz
Michael tried to please her so hard but she kept knocking him down. Poor, poor Mikey.
We'll love you instead....'kay?
The couch is a loveseat not even a sofa. No adult can sleep on there. LOL
Tommy better get cracka-lackin' on the baby stuff. If Eileen is this anxious, she's bound to have the bambino early. (It's been known to happen.)
Thank you for the great screencaps, Chari.
The scene where Nazolli sends over cheap champagne and Rose practically insults Michael in front of Mary-Kate and Jimmy....then acts all namby-pamby over the biscotti jar lid. Pu-leeze, Ma! If you're gonna suck up to your oldest son, you could've done a better job.....Ya mean old bat.
:razzlite:
Nazolli sucks. (That's all I'm gonna say about him.)
~M'L(C) :cool:

The great dad in real life shows up here
Yeah, I caught a glimpse of Jason in this scene. The part where he acts out the "Aaaaaagh!", was just too cute. :adore C'est magnifique! :hug

Image Image

Last edited by marilaine on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:27 pm

I agree with Hilary. Rose has to be the center of everything. She's giving it to Michael because he's been ignoring her. Also he moved in with Kath and that's a no-no. Noone is good enough for her Michael.

What happened to the old man she was with last Thanksgiving? Maybe he'd take her mind off everything.

RaveGyrl

Post by RaveGyrl » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:19 pm

Rose ticked me off also. With Rose, it depends how the wind is blowing. She hated Colin, now he is her world. Don't get too comfy Colin, Rose runs hot and cold.

Kath just needs to cut loose both men. She's going to put her kids through another transition yet again if she jets off with Colin. My god Kath, you have an impressionable young daughter there. The girl may be young but her mind is soaking everything up. Men is always the center of Kath's universe.

Another thing, it's fine if Kath wants to live in that filth, but don't subject the kids to that. If the depression or anxiety is that bad, let Eddie take the kids of your hands for awhile. I've said it many times Kath needs "ME" time. She really needs to really reasses her situation, and put her kids needs first.

I haven't really been a fan of Tommy lately, but Jesus, would Eileen lay off the guy already. Within months he will be packing up and starting a new career and a new life with her, just back off a little bit. He is committed to her and has not only said that but shown it. I was so glad he told her that he wasn't the enemy.

Powerful stuff showing how Declan was becoming unheathily obssesive.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:59 pm

grannybear wrote:I agree with Hilary. Rose has to be the center of everything. She's giving it to Michael because he's been ignoring her. Also he moved in with Kath and that's a no-no. Noone is good enough for her Michael.
What happened to the old man she was with last Thanksgiving? Maybe he'd take her mind off everything.
If I remember correctly, he basically told her "You're an old woman...deal with it." I guess it kind of sunk in.
~M'L(C) :cool:

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:46 pm

He may have told her that basically she was an old woman but they seemd to be getting it on at the end.

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:17 pm

Another thing I liked bout this episode was the civil war guy. I thought it was weird how the things that he had in the wall (where he wrote "The South Will Rise") were very similar to the things Decco has in his wall (the connections between everybody)
I thought the guy was an analogy of how Decco is going to end if he keeps obsessing over the things he's doing. Because Decco's obsession is really becoming sick....

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:43 pm

Well, I was wondering why no one until now mentioned the Civil War reenactor. Sea Lion Woman, I had the same reaction. This could foreshadow what might happen to Declan. He's lining up the pieces of corruption in the State and may realize the results of what he's uncovered. That combined with his broken marriage could send him over the edge.

Sad that we may never know how this all ends. :-(

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:11 pm

grannybear wrote:He may have told her that basically she was an old woman but
they seemd to be getting it on at the end.
Just had the song, "Let's get it on!" playing in my head when I read this, gb.
I seem to remember Rose at the Biltmore with her lawyer "friend", just down the hall from Michael and Shannon. :spew
Rose may be an old woman, but her "friskiness" had no age limit.
SLW, you pointed out that the upstairs neighbor of Decco had written on the wall, 'THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN".....I didn't really pay any attention to it until the other night (second viewing for me).....they show the four parties involved with the Waterfront development........I guess Decco's neighbor showed Decco who to confront next.
(WOW! That had a Nixon deja vu feeling to it. Waterfront.....Watergate. Creepy! :uhoh )
~M'L(C) :oops:

Return to “Brotherhood”