And now to the topic we seem to be avoiding_The Road Trip!

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Did the Caffees learn all their bad stuff from Mama?

But where on earth is the Daddy who knocked her around?
100%
Are mothers more influential with sons, or fathers?
No votes
Are fathers more influential with sons, or mothers?
No votes

Total votes: 1

Malfoy Grandma

And now to the topic we seem to be avoiding_The Road Trip!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:29 am

:twisted: No use trying to say things about stuff that's unmentionable, but I certainly haven't changed my mind about liking this series! Goodness Gracious, Lost Girls! I had to hide this tape from my little granddaughters, as I think they might not appreciate it correctly. But JI was really great, wasn't he? And there went sweet Tommy, turning into first a really two-faced bad guy to oust a person who trusted him, and then being so sweet to Michael at the entrance into the birthday party. That Mama was fantastic in this episode, well worth a knock on the head! My own sweet little mother-in-law could have taught her some tricks about how to get away with crap like that and never show her real face. Mama gets my emmy for this episode! Emmy, standing for double meany!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:37 am

I forgot to say about last week's that I thought Tommy made something of an about-face on the house buy-out deal--I'm not sure I understood it properly, but I thought he realized both that he'd been busted, and that he'd been wrong; I thought when he told the Speaker that he'd accept buy-out prices based on the previous three sales rather than five that he was signifying that he was going to resign himself to just recovering what he was out, and yielding completely in the matter. Maybe he was just bowing to the greater power of the Speaker, but backing down on the premium seemed to me like he'd recovered some principles.

Of course, it also had unhappy ramifications for those homeowners in the area who would now get lower reimbursement... :-(

As for your granddaughters---!!! "Do as Grandma says, not as Grandma revels in watching on television!" No, I couldn't pull that one off either. Keep it someplace safe and watch it with others who can understand the conflict!

Malfoy Grandma

Grandma revels in.....

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:54 am

Miss Hilary, you are very smart! I have a grown granddaughter who knows a lot more than I do about almost everything of this particular topic, having been raised by a mama with five marriages! And I have these two sweet little gals, who do not appear very innocent to me, though apparently they do so to their mama! So much for that! I censor what they are allowed to watch, as instructed by their daddy, my youngest son. Only my oldest grandchild, my gay Dance/Choreographer grandson who recently turned 30, seems to understand that I am extremely two-faced! And it amuses him no end. Whoa! Too much info!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:07 pm

Of course, it also had unhappy ramifications for those homeowners in the area who would now get lower reimbursement...

I just watched the episode last night. If I understand all the dialogue correctly: His asking price of $80K for the houses was already higher than the previous selling prices, which explains why at the end he dropped the previous-two sales out of the average, so as not to cut into the $80K price for the rest of the eminent-domain residents. By dropping the +10% premium, he was then cutting himself out of making a profit out of the deal and just breaking even. So, Tommy's good side (and the Speaker's rat-sniffing nose) triumphed over his greed. Kudos to Tommy.

Helen

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:53 pm

Aaah...thanks for the clarification/confirmation.

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:51 am

I 2nd that thank you Helen8...sometimes these episodes get pretty darned confusing to a really simple person...like me!!!! :???:

Hugs,
Kate

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:22 pm

You're welcome, Hilary and Kate. Living in So. California, where real estate booms and busts are always topics of conversation, I've gleaned some neophyte knowledge.

Helen

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:27 pm

I can always use help and thank you for coming to my aid!!

Hugs,
Kate

Return to “Brotherhood”