Hot-cha-cha! AKA Episode 8.

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Malfoy Grandma

Very renewable!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:03 am

I seem to hold a different opinion of this series. I like it very much, not just because of JI. One thing ups it in my opinion -- it is NOT another one of those tiresome series which seems to believe that NYC is the center of the USA universe. I for one am tired to DEATH of seeing things set in the dirtiest, most unplanned, junky and junkie ridden place in the USA, and also with way too much writer-trash glorifying NYC as so God Awful Important! Wow! Thanks for letting me get that off my poor old congestive heart failure heart!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:48 pm

::rofl Got an opinion there, MG??!
I have to agree, there's a lot more to the United States of America than just New York City (even though a lot of the time what you're watching is actually Toronto, with additional garbage laid down by set techs!!)
And I'm sorry if you got the idea we weren't enjoying it--I'm LOVING "Brotherhood", and it's gotta be pretty good, even without JI--my husband's enjoying it too!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:18 pm

Remember, there might be New Yorkers (former and current) lurking about here . . . :bat

Helen

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:14 pm

:mrgreen:

Malfoy Grandma

NYC -- apologies!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:31 pm

:oops: Sorry about my rant against NYC! Anybody can love home, and shouldn't have to listen to yawping against home. Now I myself am actually from the most perfect place in the world, South Dakota, which as anybody knows is and was just marvelous! Wow! I could not hardly write that without gagging a bit, but anyway, sorry New Yorkers! Just a crisis of non-thought! nuke.gif Living here in the hometown of the good old hydrogen bomb plant, I naturally know all about simply perfect home towns!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:45 pm

No offense taken, MG. Just funnin' with ya!

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Last week I was underwhelmed by the season premieres of some shows that were, in my opinion, "laptop tv"; I watch while playing spider solitaire. Instead. I re-watched BH 3, thus inspiring my trip down memory lane and explaining my dredging up old threads.
Gillian wrote:Thanks Hil. I haven't watched any of the shows that she's been in so I'm afraid it wasn't much help. She still looks familiar though--her facial expressions especially. Maybe I'm just confusing her with someone else.
Gillian, in the post above you are referring to the actress who plays Kath. I found that she reminded me of Helen Mirren.

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:31 am

fruitbat wrote:Last week I was underwhelmed by the season premieres of some shows that were, in my opinion, "laptop tv"; I watch while playing spider solitaire. Instead. I re-watched BH 3, thus inspiring my trip down memory lane and explaining my dredging up old threads.
Gillian wrote:Thanks Hil. I haven't watched any of the shows that she's been in so I'm afraid it wasn't much help. She still looks familiar though--her facial expressions especially. Maybe I'm just confusing her with someone else.
Gillian, in the post above you are referring to the actress who plays Kath. I found that she reminded me of Helen Mirren.

No kidding, old thread.

And malfoygrandma, considering your Challenge to the Honor of All New Yorkers was posted precisely one month after we moved out of The Greatest City in the World and went halfway across the globe ... well, I wasn't here back then to take offense.

Until we moved out in 2006, I was a lifelong New Yorker. I've lived uptown (West Side), downtown (East Village), and midtown (upper Grammercy/Kips Bay), and when not resident on Manhattan Isle was still resident in an outer borough, and worked on said Manhattan Isle all along as well. And despite the fact that I now live in the Middle East, am still Thoroughly Offended on Behalf of All New Yorkers.

(Pardon the overuse of capitalized words. Am trying to convey ... snooty offense. LOL)

But since you share my exquisite taste in middle-aged British actors (particular one who does better New York accents than I do LOL), all is forgiven.

:D

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:21 pm

*phew*--I was getting worried for a moment there!

Return to “Brotherhood”