Could be good news!!!

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Could be good news!!!

Post by Chari910 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:04 pm

I asked Mr. Blake Masters on IMDb boards about what fans could do to help.
Here's his answer:

....there have been some positive rumblings out of the network, nothing I can comment publicly, but please know how much I and everyone involved with the show appreciate your efforts to draw more people to Brotherhood.

Whatever you're doing, it seems to be working as we have seen a solid up-tick in our ratings. SO KEEP THE PRESSURE ON AND CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE WORD.

Thanks

Blake

POSITIVE rumblings !!! Excellent..

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:23 pm

:D :mrgreen: :yip :woot Oh, here's a good use for this one: :under

I went ahead and ordered mine on Amazon, and submitted a comment to IMDb... don't know what else we can get up to!

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:22 pm

I have voted I IMDb, so I hope that helps a bit anything for our fabulous Jason!! :D

Hugs,
Kate

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:24 pm

That's grand news, Char!
Just thinking out loud here--if they renew, I wonder when they'd film a second season?

Malfoy Grandma

Renewal or not

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:55 am

Supposedly the state of RI and the City of Providence have been helpful in all this and have done some good things. Like giving them use of a building for offices, and stuff like that. Providence is a very interesting and OLD city, by US standards, having started by Roger Williams, who came down there after being kicked out by the Puritans for suggesting they ought to have freedom of religion in Mass. My husband and I spent several days of a vacation there a few years back. It is a beautiful city, and the historic old part over along what used to be the riverbank is gorgeous, they have the best-looking city square in downtown, right across the railroad track from the State Capitol. Beautiful! And a great zoo! I hope they will do another year of shooting there. So much for my stupid opinions!

shellys

Post by shellys » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:27 am

All of RI hope Brotherhood is back for a season 2!!!
Last edited by shellys on Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

shellys

Post by shellys » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:29 am

Well I'm from R.I. :wheee I live less then 10 min from downtown Provi. I'm born and raised here in R.I. I actually live in Johnston, wich is right next to Provi. Everyone here hopes that the show comes back for a season 2 :woot . They really did a great job in getting the R.I. accent. I hope that they show more different parts of R.I. like Newport wich is beautiful. I just became a fan of Jay with Brotherhood. I don't think i've ever seen a a man with eyes like his :adore . I didn't know he had such a following. It's really great to meet all of you. Hope to get to know all of you in the future! :hug

Malfoy Grandma

Glad RI likes the series and JI...welcome!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:19 am

Dear Shelley, very nice to hear from a local RI person! If you hear anything in the news or papers, put it on this site! We are all anxious.

Malfoy Grandma

Good News -- Post your opinion, vote!

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:33 pm

Saw the Post your opinion listing above, and went ahead and did it! Fun! Also voted for Brotherhood! and checked out Brotherhood site, which advised contacting the customer service site of Showtime and telling them how much we want it to come back, etc. Thanks for that tip!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:39 pm

Shellys, that must provide an additional twinge of delight when watching--"oh, I know that place!!" (If you haven't already, you might want to sneek a quick glance at http://jasonisaacsonline.com/page7.html--we pride ourselves on maintaining one of the most comprehensive listings of Jason's work available!
As for the eyes, Char has a million and one shots of 'em over at http://www.jasonisaacsphotoalbumsonline.com/--take your towel when you go!
MG, we read that the state of Rhode Island really bent over backwards to accommodate this production--from state-provided tax relief to bring down the cost of shooting there to parallel Canadian costs to, as you observed, opening the Capitol building and various offices to shooting.
I hope they're happy with the depiction of the state--and like Shellys, I wouldn't mind seeing more!

(P.S.--welcome! We're happy to have you here!)

shellys

Post by shellys » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:33 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :hug I will keep you guys updated on anything i hear or see in the paper. I really want season 2 back! I'll probly write to Showtime and tell them how much we love the show. :mrgreen:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:08 pm

Someone on the IMDb message board brought up a good (and promising) point: The DVD is the Complete Season 1, not the Complete Series. Hope springs eternal.

Helen

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:23 pm

Here is the address Char offered to contact Showtime: showtime@custhelp.com.

I confess to some confusion on this subject though--the IMDb site STILL says it's awaiting 5 votes on the show, and it's STILL only showing a single user comment, though I've submitted both, and I don't think I'm the only one.
I also wrote to Showtime, and have received no acknowledgement.

What gives???

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:41 pm

I sent them an email too!!!

(Also justr called my Congressman and asked him to support HR 503 to end the slaughter of US Horses for meat - which is primarily shipped overseas!!)

It's been my pro-active day today - hasn't it!!

Cheers,
Marie

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:36 pm

I got a response saying that they forwarded my email to the Programs Dept. Well at least it was a response............ :???:

Return to “Brotherhood”