The OA discussion. No spoilers, yet.

Netflix series, premiering Friday December 16th 2016. Jason plays Dr. Hunter (Hap), who researches near death experiences (NDE). I don't know how to explain this, watch it yourselves.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

BrodieCaffee

Re: The OA discussion. No spoilers, yet.

Post by BrodieCaffee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:32 pm

As I don't have Netflix here, but I have now got a streaming app on my brand new tablet and boom The OA is on it, even Awake too and all the HP films, I gotta see if there is more Jason on it

servalan

Post by servalan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:56 pm

I am now watching The OA as I have Netflix. I am hooked, it's one of those things where I just want to know what happens next. I have just seen episode 5. So far, Jason seems like a really obsessed guy who doesn't care if people get hurt as long as he finds out whatever he's looking for.

Those glass cells - what do they do when they need the loo? They wash in the stream, and their clothes must be really smelly by now...

(I hope this doesn't count as spoilers, as it's very vague - plus The OA has been available for so long now that everyone has had chance to see it if they want to pay for it, and avoid reading this if they haven't.)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:24 am

what do they do when they need the loo? They wash in the stream, and their clothes must be really smelly by now...

Servalan, I wondered about that, too. Only the person who is upstream from the rest of them has any chance against dysentery. :gah:

I remember my first year (age 11) at Girl Scout camp. I would change my underwear under the covers. By year two, I said, "Eff it! We're all girls!" They said, "You finally caught on."

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:18 pm

:scratch I'm not sure Prairie is telling the truth... but if she is, I think they just did what they had to do in the stream. Didn't they wash in it, at one time? I think I remember they all did it at the same time (except Prairie - who drunk it, and then threw up in it...) Maybe the thought is that the water just carries it away. Or maybe I don't quite remember, it's been a while. :oops:

servalan

Post by servalan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:56 am

We are indeed left wondering whether the OA is lying, telling the truth, or just self-delusional. There are some very good and complex performances in this show. I want to know more about Buck.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:15 pm

So far, I think Prairie thinks she's telling the truth, but I think i.e. the mother and other people they meet talking about it probably are closer to the truth... I have no strong opinion about this, though. Maybe I'll change my mind after seeing season 2. I like it when there are different possibilities. That they don't give all the answers, and that there are different ways to see it. It makes it re-watchable... :D

Return to “The OA”