Jason's comment

Netflix series, premiering Friday December 16th 2016. Jason plays Dr. Hunter (Hap), who researches near death experiences (NDE). I don't know how to explain this, watch it yourselves.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Jason's comment

Post by Chari910 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:24 am

..on playing 2 mad scientists in a row, The OA and A Cure for Wellness.
Yep. Two mad scientists. Extremely unfortunate. They weren’t always destined to be released so close to each other and who knew that they’d both have a spiral staircase and submerge their patients in liquid? I hope I’ll be forgiven in that they’re two enormously different stories and, of course, I have two enormously different accents.

So…what did you think in the end of The OA? It asks a lot of the audience. Quite a few people just didn’t want to buy it - the movements in particular - and thought the whole thing was ridiculous. And tons of people loved it too. Me, I went with it because I liked all the people and the writers so much and found myself terribly shaken and moved at the end. But then I’m a soppy git.

Be honest. I’m a big boy, I can take it.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Jason's comment

Post by Helen8 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Well, Char. What do you reply? :cool:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:32 pm

I have not finished - only viewed through episode 4. I really love they way they are telling the story. And Jason is really creepy in an insane kind of way - the calm ones are the scariest!!!! So far I love this project - and I am always honest about which of his projects I like and don't like. I love this one!

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:14 am

I'm finding it a bit uneven. Perhaps predictably, I enjoy the scenes with Jason more.

I also find that I am very distracted right now, with Christmas coming up, so last night I watched episode 6 on my laptop instead of my tv. I was able to concentrate much more and felt that that episode brought me back into the series. (I fear this is my life from now on, lack of concentration :-( )

I have two more episodes to go, I will try to pace myself, one tonight and one tomorrow.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:37 pm

Thought I'd put this here under Jason's Comment, since this is his comments about the series.

The OA's Jason Isaacs Is Just as Bewildered by the Netflix Series as You Are

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv ... interview/

And . . . another one:

Jason Isaacs chats with Eoghan

http://2fm.rte.ie/2016/12/20/jason-isaacs-chats-eoghan/

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:12 pm

Hmm! I liked the show a lot. The kids were all great. The ending was wild. So many possibilities!

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:27 pm

I'm working on episode 7. I seem to have lost my motivation.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:29 pm

I thought it was great. I thought the production values were uniformly fabulous. It genuinely surprised me more than once, and made me laugh out loud. I loved that Prairie stayed visually consistent--that is, that even when she'd been restored to her family and could see again, she retained her unflattering clothing and unkempt hair rather than magically transforming into a Kardashian.
I got that she was an unreliable narrator but I was entirely convinced, and the Movements are just the most recent in an endless litany of Mystical Exercises that can change the universe--no less believable, and somehow beautiful and affecting to watch.

amy223

Post by amy223 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:50 pm

I hearted The OA big time, and can't wait for Season 2. Dr. Hap better be in it...it's not the same without him.

And I loved the ending. I literally sat and gasped out loud and went: OH MY GOD IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. And I cried.

This was just a show that had the perfect storm of things that I, personally, love: mysticism, science-y stuff, troubled lives, spiritual questions. And you can have arguments over drinks with people about it. The ending actually stayed with me awhile, and I really love when that happens.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:20 pm

I've watched all of the episodes except for the last one. I meant to watch it - I just got sidetracked a bit- but I will finish it. I enjoyed it. I felt both sorry and repulsed by Jason's character. And now he makes me question the motives of and speaking to any man that I don't know. lol Thanks a lot, Jason. lol.

Return to “The OA”