Speculation Sucks!!

Jason plays Captain Lorca in this new Star Trek series, premiering on September 24. 2017.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Speculation Sucks!!

Post by Helen8 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Speculation Sucks!!

Post by Marie » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:14 am

Well Sonequa Martin-Green’s character is the main character - which is the big change in the ST world because previously the main character was always the Captian. To have her character remain as the second in command - there has to be a Captain. So one of the Captains will die but my money is on Michelle Yeoh's character. Could be wrong but to have the conflict remain I think she will be under Capt Lorca and that she won't agree with all his decisions. Just my guess - I've gotten no good intel to base that on.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:05 pm

My thoughts exactly, Marie.The conflict they said never existed between the crew in the past is gong to be between Lorca and MB.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:22 pm

I hope you two are correct. The alternative . . . sucks.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:23 am

He's been filming this for several months. If Lorca dies, it has to be towards the end.

amy223

Post by amy223 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:17 pm

I'll be brutally honest and say I was going to skip this (I KNOW!! shhhh...nobody tell Jason.) I'm a Star Wars girl...never really got into Star Trek, even though my dad loved the original tv series. But I saw a trailer several weeks back (Jason's not in that one, though I looked hard for him), and the women look bad. #ss. (Can I use sailor language here?) That's when I went: okay okay CBS, twist my arm...strong women AND Jason Isaacs. You have my attention.

So I'm looking forward to it (more hard honesty: the vast majority of my nerd-geek friends are either really snotty/critical of it, sarcastic, or waiting in dread fear their beloved Trekkiedom will be laid waste.) But I'm just going to watch a tv show with a new take on an old story. :D

Return to “Star Trek: Discovery”