After Trek

Jason plays Captain Lorca in this new Star Trek series, premiering on September 24. 2017.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

After Trek

Post by thunder » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:02 pm

I just discovered that CBC is making this After Trek show, that comes up after each episode. I think people can send in questions to the cast and crew, but I didn't watch in real time... and they have behind the scenes, interviews and previews for the next episodes. And they said next time it's gonna be with Doug Jones (Saru) and..... Jason :woot Each episode was about 45 minutes, I think. There are two episodes so far. :D

BTW, I watched it on Netflix, so it's not just for Americans, and no need for VPN etc. :wheee

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Re: After Trek

Post by Chari910 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:53 pm

Yes, they have pretty good BTS and the producer also gave good insights.
They film in NYC and since Jason will be there for the NYCC, Madison Square Garden Star Trek Panel and The Paleyfest Event on Saturday, it's perfect that he should appear on the show. :D

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:21 pm

I've been tweeting with Matt the show's host - he is pretty nice. The After Trek was much better after Ep 3. I think Matt was a bit giddy and excited after Ep 1&2. He calmed down quite a bit and his second show was much better. Looking forward to seeing Doug Jones and Jason on this Sunday's After Trek. Last Sunday I was not able to watch it live - I was having trouble with CBS All Access. I saw Discovery no problem but I didn't have a button for After Trek. I've got to come up with a good question to tweet/email.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Thunder, I wish it was on Netflix here in the US. It's not! :rave It's only available through that CBS All-Access channel, for which we have to pay extra $$. :shh

I think that I will be waiting until the season finishes (or is close to finishing) and if they have a free trial period, I'll just binge watch it then. It's basically how I initially watched Penny Dreadful. lol. Meanwhile I will be reading all of the spoilers. Keep them coming!

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:27 am

I was quite relieved to see it being on Netflix here. So I didn't have to sign up to another. I don't watch that many series. Why can't they think of a solution to have everything in one place...? :razzlite

Liked the After Trek this time. It's always good, but even better when Jason was there. :D

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:31 am

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!
Been traveling etc. and didn't make an effort to see this series till there was a nice juicy lot of episodes to view. Finally signed up on my laptop. We have a big television, which my technologically inclined DH has supplemented with additional speakers etc. and comfy chairs, so I indicated on the webpage that I wanted to connect my account to watch on the TV through our PS4. This is already somewhat clunky--gotta turn on PS4, scroll to TV, scroll to apps, click on icon, but then when I get to the right screen, with its enticing image of Sonequa Martin-Green, it all comes to a screeching halt!!! The button that I need to click on to advance to the sign-in screen is resolutely inactive! Can't click jack! I've e-mailed CBS All Access (start jokes here) twice and received NADA in response.
Not my greatest financial investment ever, I gotta say.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:43 am

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, Hilary. This All Access shite sucks.

LS, that's really smart—waiting for all the eps. to play and then getting the free trial. Wished I'd thought of that. Had to return our bedroom DVR box which cut my cable bill by $5.99 to accommodate All Access's $5.99. So. Net zero. We only used that DVR box a couple of times in the 9 months we had it, so no big loss.

Since I didn't watch Sunday's ep. live, maybe 15 mins. after it started, I missed the livestream of After Trek. Two hours later, the button wasn't there to click. So, I gave up. I'll try to watch it tonight.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Hillary, I hear you.

I don't get HBO, but last season of Game of Thrones, my friends and I would watch on one of my friend's HBO-go account, but it had to come through my laptop. Only after everyone was seated (with drinks and snacks), could I do the final hook-up of the HDMI cord from my mac to the tv, and then the audio cord to from the mac to the speakers (to make it loud enough so that all of us could hear it - because my tv just acts like a giant computer monitor when it's hooked up to my mac). We were all trapped on the couch and the chairs, because of the cords dangling across the coffee table and the tv and speakers, cutting us off from the rest of my apartment. lol. We did this for almost every episode. lol.

But you can still watch it on your laptop, right? I mean...it's not ideal, but at least you can still watch it on that, right?

Helen, let's hope they haven't read this thread and will not thwart my plan! :lol

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:07 pm

thunder, if you were all trapped on the couch, how did you manage bathroom breaks? :scratch

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:20 pm

:scratch I think maybe your question is for LadySekhmet...?

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Hilary, at first I had trouble with my Apple TV showing it too. The 1-800 number for the All Access was pretty good. They answered promptly.

Half an hour of this show is not quite enough especially when they have 4 guests on.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Oops! :oops: Sorry.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks for commiseration, ladies!
What we ended up doing for the show itself was hook DH's laptop to receiver via HDMI cord (don't ask me to explain any of that).
But--we're only using a single cord, which is maybe the issue?--we had to fuck about with the damned audio for ten minutes before we could finally hear it through the TV instead of the computer, and even then, every time we wanted to modulate volume using the remote (we aren't the only ones experiencing commercials that are THREE TIMES AS LOUD as the show, are we??), it would cut off entirely. :pc
But at least we don't have to catheterize ourselves before sitting down... !
Anyway, it's been too exhausting to try watching "After Trek"!!!!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:56 am

haha! Either we didn't (it's only an hour) or very carefully. lol. I think we were all too worried that we would miss something important and probably we wouldn't have gotten up unless the building was on fire...

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:34 am

Wow - the lengths we will go to to watch Jason. Well, no surprise there really!

Return to “Star Trek: Discovery”