Toronto International Film Festival

Satirical comedy about the chaotic events and fight for power surrounding Stalin's death. Jason plays general Georgy Zhukov.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Toronto International Film Festival

Post by Marie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:55 am

Day 5 - no power. I may have to write a novel.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:24 am

So glad to hear you're all safe and sound, Marie. Can't even imagine what it's like with no power. Is there water coming out of the faucets? Is it potable? You probably can't eat out because most establishments are no doubt closed. Hang in there.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:19 pm

At least you are safe. But the power being gone must be really inconvenient. Hope it's coming back soon.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:30 am

Most restaurants were closed but some came back with limited menus and cash only. Some are still cash only because internet and cable are not back in most of the county. A few are starting to open with full menus and they take credit cards!

I had potable water but some areas did not. I think having no power and no water would be the worst - at least I could take a cold shower. Just could not blow dry my hair (had to do that at work!)

I finally got power back late yesterday afternoon. Ken and I are looking into a whole house generator with a group of other people. They are a tad pricey but we don't want to ever go through this again.

It was so nice to feel the house temp go down. It got up to about 88 degrees with no breeze. We can finally take our shutters and plywood down (they were helping to keep the house a few degrees cooler than it would have been with the sun beating down on the windows!)

Tomorrow I go to my usual volunteering at the Florida Wildlife Hospital and Sanctuary - they don't have power yet and are working on generators. We got over 200 baby squirrels right after the hurricane - probably more by now. All need to be hand fed formula 4 times a day.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:16 pm

Great! Things are starting to come back to normal.

Poor baby squirrels. Were all the mothers missing? That's so sad. How lucky for the little ones that Hospital and Sanctuary and you are there.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:59 am

I found another interview from TIFF. I don't think it has been posted here before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of1wej9GiWk

:D

BrodieCaffee

Post by BrodieCaffee » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:01 pm

thunder wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:59 am
I found another interview from TIFF. I don't think it has been posted here before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of1wej9GiWk

:D
Beat me to it Thunder

Return to “The Death of Stalin”