Hollywood ArcLight Cinema Friday, March 9

Satirical comedy about the chaotic events and fight for power surrounding Stalin's death. Jason plays general Georgy Zhukov.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

blisster

Re: Hollywood ArcLight Cinema Friday, March 9

Post by blisster » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:46 am

See you there :D
Last edited by blisster on Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:16 pm

:wheee

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Waiting for your reports...

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Got home really late last night. Still have to get DH to upload pix. In a nutshell: It was a very good evening. :D

Details tomorrow. Promise.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:58 am

The Lost Girls strike again! ;-)

blisster

Post by blisster » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 am

Got a few photos from the Saturday and Sunday Q&A's. He looked great as always.

Sorry, but he wore a baseball cap that cast a shadow over his face, so this was the best one. Image

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Sorry. Couldn't get DH to upload pictures yesterday. Must apply stronger pressure. So here's the written part.

Met up with Marianne in the mall connected to the theater complex. It's been 6 years since we last saw each other. Her seat was in the front row. Mine was 7 rows back, dead center. The movie was just as funny (and brutal) the second time around. When the credits began to roll, Jason and the moderator walked in and took their seats at the bottom of the screen. He was directly in front of me . . . but 8 rows up. He answered about a dozen questions, always with great humor. I raised my hand. He pointed his mic at me and said "There's a question right there." Or words to that effect. (My brain still goes a bit mushy at these times.) As I started to speak, he said, "Hi, Helen," which threw me off, because I responded, "Hi, Jason." And I immediately forgot my question. I paused for a moment, wracking my brain. I finally blurted it out. I asked if one part of a particular scene was scripted or improvised. (I won't say which since most of you haven't seen the movie yet, and I don't want to spoil it for you. PM me if you have seen it.) His answer was that he'd asked Armando if he could do something comical here, and the director responded to go for it. It worked and stayed in the film.

After the last question, people were already lined up for photos and siggies, and I had to make my way like a salmon against the crowd leaving the theater. When I finally got there, I handed Marianne my camera ( I'm still stuck in 20th century technology). He turned and saw me sitting on the arm of a seat next to where he was standing and stepped up for a hug. I noticed that he didn't have his obligatory backpack, and I said that I had a couple of books for the girls. Good thing I put the wrapped books in a bag. Apparently, he already knew this because DH was sitting in the lobby when Jason came up the escalator. He reacted to seeing Jason, and Jason said, "Hi!" DH said that I was in there and had some books for the girls. So much for the surprise factor. :???:

Jason continued greeting and posing with the rest of the people in line. Because there was another screening after the 8:00 pm one, we had to clear the theater. I walked with him out the theater, asking him Lily's age because I got her To Kill a Mockingbird. I'd read it as an assignment at 15 as a sophomore in high school. He said that she was 16, so that was good. I said that I got Ruby White Fang and Call of the Wild. He thought that she might have already read one of them, so I was happy that I got the double book.

In the lobby, we turned to take a picture, and DH walked up behind us. Jason said to get him in the pic. Then, his handler said that they had to go (Marianne and I got another hug.), and they walked out of the theater. There was a mannequin with Zhoukov's uniform in the lobby, so we took pics of that, said good-bye to Marianne, and made our way home at 10:45 pm from L.A. Two hours later, we were home. I'm getting too old for these late nights. But, it was well worth it. :D

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Womderful! So happy for you...Helen and Marianne.

servalan

Post by servalan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:51 am

Thanks for the report and the photos, ladies.

I love that Jason knows not only you but your husband as well!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:29 am

Thanks, Char!

servalan, the last time he saw my husband was at the Passionada premiere in Beverly Hills, 2003. (Both of us had dark brown hair back then.) I really don't think Jason remembered him. When hubby said that Helen was inside, DCI Isaacs put two and two together.

The pix are coming. It's been so long since I've loaded pix, I've forgotten how. :huh Hubby will be home soon to assist.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:16 pm

So happy you both had such a wonderful encounter!!!

Helen the first time Jason said "hello Marie" when I went up to a mike to ask him a question - I had exactly the same response - I said Hi Jason and forgot my question!!!! I'm used to it now though - he can't shake me that easily anymore (Ha - who am I kidding!!)

I really want to see this film. :D

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Thanks for sharing the pictures and experience, Marianne and Helen. Glad you got so see him and meet each other again. :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:20 pm

And now, the pictures. It's ages since I've done this, so here goes:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee61 ... hbvz8h.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee61 ... wzaesp.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee61 ... iugz7y.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And . . . it didn't work. Instead of posting them here, it takes you back to Photobucket to view them. Sorry. :roll:

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:36 am

Thanks, Helen. Great pictures. :D
I think photobucket changed their policy. You now need to pay for an upgraded account to embedd pictures. :roll: I found out one time I tried to post screen caps. :razzlite

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:39 am

Well. It never said anything about that. All it said was, "Sign up for an ad-free account." Dolts! :dunce

So. Now, you get too see my 2015 Alaska cruise pix, too.

Return to “The Death of Stalin”