Chear up your day with some political satire

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

CylonGirl

Chear up your day with some political satire

Post by CylonGirl » Tue May 01, 2007 2:49 pm

Hello ladies,

I have been here around for a while and I love your taste ;-) and humour :D . So I thought, send the ladies a litte vid for a good laugh. It is quite around and eveyone in Germany knows it, even the kids are singing the song. But first some information as the author is not known in the usa. Walter Moers is a famous political cartoonist and Adolf Hitler has become his latest "character". So, if you love satire and irony - this is what people outside Germany call German humour :D - then you will have a good time. The story is simple: WWII is nearly over and Adolf (Hitler) is sitting with is dog Blondy and a bottle of brandy in his bunker. He is complaining and crying over the fact that nobody is taking him serious, that Churchill is giving him a hard time politically, and that the bombing is getting on his nerves. :D
I have been watching this little vid over and over and it is still funny. Please pay attention to the litte things as the pictures, the ducks etc. It is so well done. :D

I even thought of sending it to Mr. Isaacs but before doing so, please let me know what you think about this idea. As you know, humour is a tricky thing and leads sometime to some misunderstanding ;-)

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KufHGYKqH9E

enjoy
CG

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue May 01, 2007 5:55 pm

Love the tune. It's very catchy. And I thought the ducks were an especially nice touch.

Thanks for the laugh, CylonGirl! And welcome to the board!

CylonGirl

Post by CylonGirl » Tue May 01, 2007 5:58 pm

Thanx for your warm welcome, Gillian. I am happy to hear that you had a good laugh.

Return to “Political Material”