Youtube satire-wincingly embarrassing

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Youtube satire-wincingly embarrassing

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:33 pm

This was made in response to the now famous cartographic gaffe on the part of Miss Teen USA: it features Shrub's response to the same question.
It's obviously manipulated, but it's just horrifying--because it's THAT CLOSE TO TRUE.
Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkTEyy1ZKAY

Here is Bill Maher's back-to-back comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAM5qqpRQ3c

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:54 pm

Manipulated or not, it's still embarrassing. I've seen unedited clips and even then it's clear the man has trouble putting two sentences together. I'm sure he must be prepped before any speaking engagement, but any coaching he's received seems to evaporate once he hits the stage. The guy can't even rely on his own wits as a back-up.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:38 pm

The guy can't even rely on his own wits as a back-up.
Uhhhhhhh . . . no shit.
There's also a clip on there of some talking head (Joe Scarborough?) discussing with a couple of people the question of whether Shrub is truly an idiot. One of them defends him, saying he's merely inarticulate.
Um, isn't it the President's job to TALK TO PEOPLE???? Isn't his primary responsibility conveying ideas to others? Shouldn't his principal concern be diplomacy?
How the fuck can he expect to get bills passed or prevent wars IF HE CAN'T PUT TWO WORDS TOGETHER without resorting to the inadvertent invention of a new one???
Ballet dancer? Inarticulate's fine.
Abstract painter? Not a problem.
Computer programmer? No issue.
But fucking president of the wealthiest, best-armed nation on the planet???? I don't care how anybody feels about drinking a beer with the putz, I want smart, verbal, quick-thinking, and oh, able to run a company without having to declare bankruptcy might prove an asset as well.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:34 am

I would not care if the man had a stutter - really - as long as he surrounded himself with the best and brightests and then took the advise and made smart decisions for the country. Mr Bush's scorecard:

Speaking Skills - F
Hiring Skills - F
Decision Making - F

Overall score - the worst President this Nation has seen in at least 100 years if not overall.

Return to “Political Material”