Who do you think/want to be the next president?

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Soule

Who do you think/want to be the next president?

Post by Soule » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:43 pm

I'm just curious to find out who you guys want as your next president? From over the pond here, from what I have seen I would like to see Obama as President.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:29 am

I'd rather vote for Michael......no offense to Obama's supporters.
But Caffee is as Caffee does! :roll:
~marilaine :cool:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:34 pm

Now that we've (unofficially) come down to a choice between John McCain and Barack Obama, I'm 97.2% behind Obama.
I wish he had a little more experience, but then, much of a president's activities rely on his advisors/cabinet (see Shrub, for example), and Obama has always struck me as a very bright guy--I have confidence in his ability to select capable people to advise him. How much experience have several of our other presidents had when they took office?

(I am so grateful we're not having that grotesque "guy I'd wanna have a beer with" description trotted out this time around. Homer Simpson might have been a better choice than what we got in 2004!)

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:48 pm

I'm the oddball. First choice was Joe Biden, then Hillary, so I guess now I'll vote for Obama. Unless I decide to run myself with everyone on the board in my cabinet.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:25 pm

Dibs on Sec'y of the Interior!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:27 pm

Damn . . . as Canadians, I'm not sure Gils and I would qualify . . . what's the Constitution got to say about the Supreme Court??
(though with that question, I think I've just talked myself out of the job . . . :-| )

Funkay

Post by Funkay » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:44 am

I don't know who I'm behind yet. McCain has shifty eyes and Obama has a cold stare. Yes, I know this shouldn't guide how I feel about policy, but since politicians lie out their asses about policy in public and I don't really feel like doing any research at this point in the game, all I got to go on is the feeling in my gut that both guys are arrogant jerks who have no real plan (or real good plan) for the future of America. With such low expectations, all either of them can do is surprise me and hopefully one of them steps up and does so soon. I figure if I'm going to lean in any direction, then it will definitely be toward Obama, but so far I haven't been impressed. Technically my views are more in line with Ralph Nader than they are for Obama, which is depressing. lol

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:29 pm

If Jason's TSW counterpart did really exist, I'd just assume vote for SIR MARK BRYDON!
:pig ;-) ~marilaine :cool:

malfoygrandma

Sir Mark Brydon!

Post by malfoygrandma » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:02 am

Sir Mark Brydon for president!
There it is! My obviously over-qualified write-in presidential candidate! Thanks very much!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:26 pm

Yay, Sir Mark Brydon for president! I'm with you, ladies...LOL!

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:59 pm

Or Tavington.....how about Col. William Tavington as President?
We got the Terminator as Governor, why not 'The Butcher' for President?
(I'd just assume vote for him, Michael Caffee, Percy(Last Minute), or even Johnnie Green if it matters. :twisted: ) ~ml :pig

Luv

Post by Luv » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:52 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:Damn . . . as Canadians, I'm not sure Gils and I would qualify . . . what's the Constitution got to say about the Supreme Court??
(though with that question, I think I've just talked myself out of the job . . . :-| )
The Constitution? Pfft! We haven't paid attention to that ol' thing for ohhh...about eight years or so. No worries.

Return to “Political Material”