He's good enough, he's smart enough, and gosh darn it . . .

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

He's good enough, he's smart enough, and gosh darn it . . .

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:40 pm

. . . he's a U.S. senator?

Not yet, but recent developments in the unending recount in Minnesota's Senate race have given entertainer Al Franken (D) a burst of momentum over Sen. Norm Coleman (R) and left national Democrats increasingly confident that the Gopher State will fall into their column sooner rather than later.

Rest of article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... newsletter

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:22 pm

He's come a long way since Saturday Night Live.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:07 pm

. . . on which he used to solicit funds to support his campaign for president, when he was still one half of Franken & Davis . . .

Dag I'm gittin' old

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Sounds like a major case of wish-fulfillment to me. Maybe I should try some affirmations.

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:. . . on which he used to solicit funds to support his campaign for president, when he was still one half of Franken & Davis . . .

Dag I'm gittin' old

LOL

Not only do I remember when he was still one-half of Franken&Davis, but 20-some-odd years ago I sat in the next seat from the two of them and their partners/spouses on an Amtrak ride from Grand Central Station up to Albany (well, they got off at Hudson, half-hour before, but anyway) and the Senator-to-be started to talk while still in the Grand Central tunnels and didn't stop till they were walking off the train almost three hours later.

Now, I don't know about you, but that voice ... for three hours ...

Yaowza. Tough to handle. Particularly when you're trying to sleep.

(Though I did occasionally listen to his radio show a few years back. Enjoyable. Agreed with most of his politics. And the music he played constantly and religiously and obsessively was right up my alley.)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:22 am

Well, he is the senator, but the loser incumbent is going to keep this in court as long as possible to keep him out of the senate as long as possible. Nothing like putting your state and country first.

Return to “Political Material”