Miss California Controversial answer

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:59 pm

she should've thought about that before saying it IMO.

Ah. Thinking. It's so underrated. Not usually part of a beauty contestant's bio.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:09 pm

I agree she should have just answered the question with a "no" but would another question have been allowed to be asked, as to "why"? :???:

I was rather provoked by her assertion that she was defending "her God." Like she has a personal line direct to Heaven, where the Creator is in dire need of her assistance, because S/He can't deal with this issue alone.
ihatemondays[/quote]

I too have a personal direct line to Heaven to my God because I have a personal relationship with Him. I don't think everyone would have found it approiate to say ""our" God. I think in her feeble way she was trying to say it is against her religious belief.

But then again I think the whole pageant thingy is terrible. Has anyone seen what some Mothers make their little girls do :twisted: when they should be playing with other little kids?

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Anonymous wrote:But then again I think the whole pageant thingy is terrible. Has anyone seen what some Mothers make their little girls do :twisted: when they should be playing with other little kids?
I totally agree with that. Pageants are disgusting and especially childrens pageants. There's this show in TLC called....damn I forgot. But it's bout stage parents and it's really scary. Just....scary. Those kids look 10 years older and it's like their parents are robbing and snatching their childhood away from them.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:13 am

it's like their parents are robbing and snatching their childhood away from them.

Not like. Is.

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:57 pm

That's what I meant Helen :oops: :oops:
It's really sad what these parents do to their children. They're living their dreams through their children, they're doing what they wish they did when they were younger.
Probably none of these kids likes pageants anyway.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:57 pm

I think they should bloody well be outlawed. Same for adult pageants, too. Thanks to the media, women already have a completely distorted idea about beauty (especially teens), and this only reinforces it.

Eg.: You worth is determined by your looks, body, etc. If you don't resemble a barbie doll then you just don't measure up.

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Thank goodness for someone like Susan Boyle, who proved that one's worth is NOT determined by looking like a Barbie doll! :D

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:07 pm

Eg.: You worth is determined by your looks, body, etc. If you don't resemble a barbie doll then you just don't measure up.[/quote]

:lol I don't know if Dolly Parton would agree with you on that one ;-)

Susan Boyle blew me away! What a beautiful voice!

I tried watching that program about the little ones competing and I was horrified----it made me so mad :evil: What a disgrace!! I have never found pagents worthwhile.

Return to “Political Material”