Oh, poor babies. You have my sympathy.

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Oh, poor babies. You have my sympathy.

Post by Helen8 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:51 am

Tax dodgers scramble to come clean amid crackdown

A deal with Switzerland settling U.S. demands for the names of suspected tax dodgers from a Swiss bank has a lot of wealthy Americans with offshore accounts nervously running to their tax advisers — and the Internal Revenue Service.

"They are very frightened," said Richard Boggs, chief executive of Nationwide Tax Relief, a Los-Angeles-based tax firm that specializes in clients with tax debts exceeding $100,000. "You have the super rich who are not used to being pushed around and they are finding themselves in unfamiliar territory."

The U.S. and Swiss governments announced a court settlement last week in efforts by the IRS to force Zurich-based UBS AG to turn over the names of some 52,000 Americans believed to be hiding nearly $15 billion in assets in secret accounts.

Rest of article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090815/ap_ ... _crackdown

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:15 am

a Los-Angeles-based tax firm that specializes in clients with tax debts exceeding $100,000.
Wow. Don't these people have any conscience??

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:25 pm

I think it's that Leona Helmsley--"Only little people pay taxes"--delusional mentality.

Return to “Political Material”