China's one child policy.

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Heather

China's one child policy.

Post by Heather » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:09 pm

I know we have discussed this before but I had to share this.

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2010/11/24/ ... de-hair%2F

Broke my heart. Do you think she is an Albino?

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:11 pm

There are so many abandoned children in the world. It's so sad.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Abandoned mostly because she was born female in a society that places great value on male children. I guess that combined with blond hair--probably albino as you said, Heather--made her an undesirable.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:35 pm

I heard a story on NPR a few days ago that there is a booming business in travel arragnements for pregnant Chinese women to have their babies in the US. Two reasons - the child will get to attend a college in the US as a US citizen not a foreigner and this gets them around the one child rule since babies born outside of China do not count as part of the one Child rule. Of course only upper middle class and the wealthy can afford this loop hole.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Heartbreaking. How can someone abandon a child? It's cruel. :heart
She's a cute baby, I pray that she finds a good family to take care of her.

~me :(

Heather

Post by Heather » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:47 am

Because she was abandoned with the note and money I wonder if the mother had been pressurised by her family to leave the baby, if that is the case can you imagine how that poor woman must be feeling? I wonder if she will ever have another moment of true peace of mind for the rest of her life.

Things in China have to change, someone mentioned last time about how unbalanced their population is becomming [more boys then girls] at the rate they are going their society is going to come to a screeching halt.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:38 pm

Heather wrote: Things in China have to change, someone mentioned last time about how unbalanced their population is becomming [more boys then girls] at the rate they are going their society is going to come to a screeching halt.
I remember years ago when I heard about this I foolishly assume it meant that girls, being scarce, would be more valued. Then I saw something on a news show on tv, (forget which one) which said that girls were being kidnapped, some at a very young age, to be brides.

:mad:

Return to “Political Material”