You should be very glad of Facebook right about now...

Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: You should be very glad of Facebook right about now...

Post by Marie » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Looked like me for the past couple of days.......

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:55 pm

I was a little afraid to look at this thread. I have to admit I think I have been a little depressed, definitely angry, but also very fearful of our future. Are any of you going to the March on Washington on 1/21? My friends and I have been talking about it. But...they are also having marches in various cities, and Philly is also one, so I'm might stay here and do my first march with "training wheels" where the numbers are not as large.

I feel like we're playing out the first part of the Handmaid's Tale. I read freshman year of undergrad and it scared the cr*p out of me so much that I haven't been able to read anything else by her since then.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 am

I did some anti-Vietnam marches in the early 70s. The crowds and noise took a toll on me. I'm way more claustro now. No big marches for me. But I'll be with them in spirit!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:02 pm

I went to the one in Philly, and had friends at the one in DC. They were peaceful, and filled with positive energy. The Philly one was 50,000 people strong! It was amazing. Plus, I got to see a man dressed as a hot pink unicorn as he danced by me. lol.

Return to “Political Material”