Peter Pan...AAIIEE!

The projects that don't have their own subforums, because they are older than The Lost Girls, but still deserve a special place on the board..

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Peter Pan...AAIIEE!

Post by thunder » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:09 am

An article about Peter Pan from The Guardian, posted today:
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/j ... s-the-best

They say it's the best Peter Pan movie, and I agree!

:woot

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:35 am

I made the observation that other version did just as badly on release but this is the version I like. It has charm, wit and is an utter joy. How this was finished in such trying circumstances is a miricle and it is always shown in the UK during the holidays. A lovely treat and Jason should be very proud of it.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:17 pm

His portrayal was really good for both Hook and Mr. Darling. I also liked the gal who played Wendy but was not so jazzed about the guy who played Peter Pan. I got to meet one of the St Bernards that played Nana at the premier in London. Was pretty excited about that kiss! :D

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:16 pm

That kiss?.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:49 pm

Anniemouse wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:16 pm
That kiss?.
LOL - Nana doggy kiss!!!!

But I did meet and got to talk to Jason at the Premiere after party. I believe the entire cast was there.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:03 pm

Awwwwwww! :hug

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:49 am

Wow oh that have been something, oh to have have the chance to get close to Jason. Oh now I understand what was meant by the kiss. :lol

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Peter Pan will probably show up over the holidays and seeing the recent article about Jason's work I have to say that Peter Pan is a masterpiece that has aged really well. I think a couple of things were resposible for the lack of box office. I gather the movie went way over budget and i wonder if this was responsible for the marketing budget being cut. I cannot recall the movie being out at the time and so I suspect that they did not do many tv ads. Wasn't Brad Pitt supposed to play the lead?. For the life of me I cannot imagine that movie with him in the role. I think Jason did a great job creating a magical role (part of me wanted Hook to win). Interesting that Jason did Potter and Pan so close together but the characters although baddies are so utterly different.

A little gem.

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:30 pm

It's my favourite Peter Pan movie.

servalan

Post by servalan » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:34 pm

Anniemouse wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:09 pm
Peter Pan will probably show up over the holidays and seeing the recent article about Jason's work I have to say that Peter Pan is a masterpiece that has aged really well. I think a couple of things were resposible for the lack of box office. I gather the movie went way over budget and i wonder if this was responsible for the marketing budget being cut. I cannot recall the movie being out at the time and so I suspect that they did not do many tv ads. Wasn't Brad Pitt supposed to play the lead?. For the life of me I cannot imagine that movie with him in the role. I think Jason did a great job creating a magical role (part of me wanted Hook to win). Interesting that Jason did Potter and Pan so close together but the characters although baddies are so utterly different.

A little gem.
I remember when the film came out there was a cardboard stand-up Hook about three-quarter life size in my local library. I believe one of the Jason fans who posted on one of the fan sites acquired one of the cardboard Hooks after the venue had finished with it. :D

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:47 pm

Now that sounds like fun.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:17 pm

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:41 am

Thanks for posting, Annie :D