Malfoy, Lucius Malfoy

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Malfoy, Lucius Malfoy

Post by Helen8 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:55 am

Fraom the UK Telegraph . . .

Boldly go where no one has gone before
Imagine Harry Potter in a clinch with James Bond: welcome to the world of fan fiction. By Robert Colvile

'Harry Potter looked up at the Death Eater. With his wand two metres away, all he could do was wait for the terrible green light of the killing curse. But suddenly, a shot rang out, and Lucius Malfoy dropped to the ground. 'Who are you?' gasped Harry as his saviour stepped into the room. The reply was calm: 'Bond. James Bond.' "

The name's Blog. James Blog: through fan fiction, thousands of online authors are writing new adventures for their favourite characters.
That corny little paragraph is a work of fan fiction. It uses a pre-existing fictional universe, or in this case two of them, as the scaffolding for a new story. And thanks to the internet, such tales are available in staggering quantities: FictionAlley, one of the largest Harry Potter sites, stores 80,000, plus 20,000 works of fan art. Fanfiction.net, a vast archive of everything from The A-Team to Z Cars, has 280,000 more Potter works. It is, according to Sheenagh Pugh, author of a study of fan fiction called The Democratic Genre, "the fastest-growing form of writing in the world".

The articles continues . . .
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/ma ... blog27.xml

Helen

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:04 pm

well......I guess we should be grateful that people are being encouraged to read and write. Yeah? :uhoh

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:33 pm

If I read the rest of that story I'd be afraid of a massive die-off of brain cells.........................................

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”