Encyclopedia Harry Potterca

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Funkay

Encyclopedia Harry Potterca

Post by Funkay » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:32 pm

I know, I know. Stupid subject line.

I expect nothing less than this! I had lots of questions going into the last book, most of them dealing with minor details, and almost none of those little details got satisfied for me (and I may have to live the rest of my life without them, but whatever). So this is good stuff. I expect it to be in my hands no later than the fall of 2011!!!! Oh yeah. And spoiler warning and such.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372/

:monkeybutt

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:16 pm

That would be a wonderful book to have, something to sum it all up, and give a real closure to the entire series.

-Foodie :D

ibelong2me

Post by ibelong2me » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:56 am

That is great to know, though I don't see why she couldn't write about what happened to everyone after the war in the original books and have improved the ending that way...yeah, didn't like the last chapter that much...But at least it ended on a happy note I guess!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:26 pm

FUNKAY!!!!!! Two posts in one week!
*peers over shoulder for glimpse of dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!*

Sprog was considerably exercised by what she perceived as errors, whether by J.K. Rowling or her editor--the only one I can recall off the top of my head is that Hermione's middle name is given as both Jean and Jane.
Etc.

Funkay

Post by Funkay » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:07 am

I know, I know. My time here has been limited. But I'm unemployed and not in school right now, so I've found myself about 12 extra hours of free time per day and thought I'd check back in.

I know there are a few contradictions in the Harry Potter world out there, indeed, so something like this is needed. And it gives us something ELSE to look forward to. :woot

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:52 am

I don't see why she couldn't write about what happened to everyone after the war in the original books

On the Today show this morning, she said that she "would probably" write the Encyclopedia, but "not tomorrow." So, we will have all that delicious background and after-Voldie info that we all crave. I suppose as soon as we get the book in our hot little hands, we'll all turn to "M"!

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”