I wonder what JI thought of Book 7?

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Moira

I wonder what JI thought of Book 7?

Post by Moira » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:32 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I started a new topic.

I wonder what JI's reaction was to Book 7? It's not surprising, really, that Lucius hasn't much to do. He's one-dimensional on paper, and only seems two-dimensional in the movies because of JI's facial expressions, which make it seem like there's layers to Lucius. Did I imagine it, or in OotP did Lucius roll his eyes in reaction to psycho sister-in-law Bellatrix?

In his position, I'd have wished I'd been cast as Snape after all (wasn't he considered for that role?). Wow, is Rickman going to have some powerful scenes in the next two movies! I hope they give Snape his due screen time. But poor JI.

I have to mention, I was working at the airport when the PA announced, "Paging A. Rickman. Paging A. Rickman. Please meet your party at Baggage Claim Number 8."

I was alone in the shop, so I couldn't leave. Otherwise I would have dashed to baggage claim to see just what that A. Rickman looked like!
Last edited by Moira on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:56 pm

I'm sure he had at least one moment of going, "Woohoo, I'm in it!" His one wish was to not be killed off, and he got it. It might be an interesting acting challenge to act scared and spineless for a change, instead of cruel and calculating all the time. I'm sure he'll make the most of whatever he gets to do in movie 7, and he'll enjoy it! He seems to have enjoyed being Lucius so far.

I'll bet Alan Rickman is so glad the final book is out so nobody can ask him what he knows about Snape anymore. You could tell in interviews it just grated his nerves to be asked what Snape's motives were. I hope he has a great time in the next two movies, cuz he totally deserves it!

-Foodie :D

lyra70

Post by lyra70 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:51 am

He did roll his eyes, very subtly, and it was wonderful. I was drinking in every moment of his scene and watching him so closely, the way he moved his wand about was so elegant. He really has a knack for gesturing in just the right way.

SPOILERS (highlight)

I think he'll actually look forward to showing a broken, demoralized and desperate Lucius. Hopefully they keep the establishing Malfoy mansion scene, the scene where the trio are captured, and the Shrieking Shack one. Maybe there will be a moment where he realizes he doesn't care about anything but Draco at the end and that will be touching, showing him running about with Narcissa, calling desperately for their son.

I'd really look forward to that!

ibelong2me

Post by ibelong2me » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:38 am

I did let out a 'whoop' and sigh of relief when we met Lucius in his manor, yeay for more Lucius in the films! Am sure they won't be able to cut him out, right?

What with this coupled with that chapter 'The Prince's Tale', I cannot wait! Am sure I shall cry buckets.

*is happy her fave death eaters are still in it...*

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:52 am

Foodie, are you sure he didn't want Malfoy to be killed??
If I were JI, I'd just be wishing that Malfoy didn't spend all of book 7 languishing in the dark in Azkhaban (sp? can't be arsed to check).
What actor doesn't relish a nice juicy death scene!!?
But I'm enjoying your other comments and suggestions. . .

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:21 pm

He's said in interviews that he stopped himself from begging JK to keep him alive through the series when he met her at the last movie premiere. I think it was for the 4th movie since he wasn't at the 5th. He might have been joking, but I'm sure he's thrilled to be in the last book and hopefully movie whether he made it to the end or not. I wonder if they'll let him keep the wig after the last film! Sometimes they do that, let actors take home pieces of stuff from the films.

-Foodie :D

Zen

Post by Zen » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:12 am

I'm glad he made it to the end, so many other characters didn't. He played him so well in OotP, it just draws you in ^^

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:21 am

Speaking of being drawn in . . . my friend took me to see OotP in IMAX-3D! Not only is it shown on a huge screen, but the final scene in the Ministry of Magic is shown in 3D with Lucius 2 inches from your face!! (Yes, I reached out to touch his face. And I also reached out to take the prophecy from him, too. :twisted: )
Plus the clarity of the picture is fantastic. So, if there's an IMAX theater in a city near you, run don't walk. My friend was able to get discounted tickets ($7.00) to the 7:30 showing, which would have been $13.50. It's still worth the price.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:44 pm

:twisted: I admit that I love Jason Isaacs as the villainous Lucius Malfoy. The role of his character is not emphasized much in the movies (besides the "chamber of secrets"), yet the intensity of his character is always displayed very well. So to me L. Malfoy is really remarkable- more than Professor Severus Snape, in my opinion, anyway.

I also am disappointed to know that J. Isaacs won't be in the next movie.

But... I am sure he will be great in movie 7. -smile-

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:48 pm

But... I am sure he will be great in movie 7
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!!

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”