IS this true, or.......?

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

marilaine

IS this true, or.......?

Post by marilaine » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:11 pm

I was watching TV the other night, and they ran a news clip on the bottom of the screen that Jamie Waylett (Crabbe, Jr.) was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana.

Haven't heard anything else about it, so I was hoping it was just hype.

~ML :scratch (wonderingaboutCrabbe)

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:20 pm

I read that too! Methinks it's true ML!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:12 pm

There was an article about it over on The Leaky Cauldron. Obviously they're quite upset and still not sure what effect that will have on his future appearances in HP.

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Mon May 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Why should it have any effect on his appearance in the movies? I don't see any reason why.

Which, of course, leads me to the next question: Why should it even be something that people get arrested for?

:soap

:cric

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon May 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Why should it have any effect on his appearance in the movies? I don't see any reason why.
Because not only was in possession of eight bags of marijuana, but the police discovered a further ten mature cannabis plants growing in his bedroom during a subsequent raid on his house. In the UK, possession carries a maximum term of five years in prison and production carries a maximum of 14 years.

He's currently out on bail till July, and could face a very stiff sentence if convicted, but whether that'll have any effect on the filming remains to be seen. I suspect it will all depend on the conditions of his bail, how many of his scenes have already been shot and whether the studios wish to continue the relationship.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon May 04, 2009 3:03 pm

An actor like Robert Downey Jr. can survive his troubles with the law. But then again Robert always showed a lot of raw talent

Jamie Waylett is not in the same catagory of talent and I think he will be relatively easy to replace. I mean if you can replace Dumbledor - shit Crabbe would be easy.

But I agree with Gillian - the answer is "it depends".

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed May 06, 2009 11:55 am

Gillian wrote:
Because not only was in possession of eight bags of marijuana, but the police discovered a further ten mature cannabis plants growing in his bedroom during a subsequent raid on his house.
In the UK, possession carries a maximum term of five years in prison and production carries a maximum of 14 years.

He's currently out on bail till July, and could face a very stiff sentence if convicted, but whether that'll have any effect on the filming remains to be seen. I suspect it will all depend on the conditions of his bail, how many of his scenes have already been shot and whether the studios wish to continue the relationship.
Holy Hell! What on earth are they gonna do? Film DH as if Crabbe is already dead, or what? iAye, Caramba! :shock:

~ML nuke.gif

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Wed May 06, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm afraid drugs are taken pretty seriously in the UK, as far as most of us see it, he's been a very naughty boy!
MM

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”