my hbp review

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:47 pm

I don't know why but I expected Dumbledore to get up and say, "Only messing kids!" :mrgreen: *Loads of miffed kids an staff* :bat
MM

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:29 pm

Is it just me, or are Tom Felton's hands as gorgeous as Jason's?

~ML :oops: :orangface

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:46 pm

( I know, Jason's got lovely hands LOL can't believe I wrote this) aaa.gif

~me

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:07 am

I think Tom lost is appeal when he hit POA :oops: had a huge crush on him after COS
MM

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:52 am

I went last evening.

That was a 'New' Lucius photo we've never seen before. Anyone think so too?
It does look good.

Ginny is growing up to be a beautiful girl, she is way taller than Harry from the premiere pics.

The teens in the theater laughed and giggled at all the funny adolescent stuff.

Snape finally found a good 'Potion' for his hair.

Dumbledore's send-off was less than satisfying. Can't they do something with all those wands?? I kept waiting for the Dark Mark to blow up.

I don't think Draco is as cute now..Marianne, please don't hit me... :cool:

I'll go again when it's on IMAX
Last edited by Chari910 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:57 am

she is way taller than Harry from the premiere pics.

As is Hermione. Notice that they're either sitting in scenes together, or they're standing far apart or with Ron between them. In Sorcerer's Stone, Harry and Draco are the same height. Now Draco towers over Harry. Tom inherited some healthy height gene.

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:The lit wands moment was very touching, and certainly seemed like something from the books, even if it wasn't, but I also couldn't resist leaning over to Sprog at that moment and whispering, "Play 'Free Bird'"!

ROTFLMAO

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:36 pm

I don't think Draco is as cute now..Marianne, please don't hit me...
*cough* I kinda agree, he's just not as cute as he used to be. But, hey, we all have different tastes. Aaaaand... Draco's father is way much more handsome!

~me

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:19 pm

Just saw the movie this morning and I loved it! I'm definitely gonna have to see it again! :D

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:04 am

I saw it on Friday, and I thought it was OK.
It was nice to see the picture of Lucius. I loved the performances of the adult-adult actors. And the young actors have improved too. I still don't see the point with Narcissa's wig. But it's just a small piece in the big picture, and I thought her performance was very good. I didn't like the action scene in the middle of the film, it was just action for the sake of action, and wasn't followed up afterwards. A lot of things going on in that scene that didn't make any sense either. (People doing things that no one would ever do.) Some other things annoyed me too, but I am not going to bother you about that now. I will have to watch it again to see if I'm right to be annoyed at the things that annoys me now. ;-)

All in all, I liked it. :D

LadyLucius

Post by LadyLucius » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:21 am

Saw it yesterday. I thought the film's tone was spot on. I agree that the teen hormone thing was a distraction, but all in all it was probably the best made Potter film to date.

I totally hate Narcissa - horrible costume, horrible hair, and she just seems so OLD! I mean really she looks about 60, and Lucius is 40ish. Please.

The picture of Lucius was great - I hope that appears somewhere so we can get a copy. Yum yum.

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:36 am

LadyLucius wrote:Saw it yesterday. I thought the film's tone was spot on. I agree that the teen hormone thing was a distraction, but all in all it was probably the best made Potter film to date.

I totally hate Narcissa - horrible costume, horrible hair, and she just seems so OLD! I mean really she looks about 60, and Lucius is 40ish. Please.

The picture of Lucius was great - I hope that appears somewhere so we can get a copy. Yum yum.
It was a bit of a distraction, but really it's a huge part of that book too, so I wasn't too annoyed by it.

I agree about Narcissa. I see somebody really delicate in my mind for Narcissa, almost elven, and she was so not that! And too old, I totally agree.

Even though some of the stuff I felt was vital to the story wasn't in the movie, I still thought they did a great job. And who knows, they now have two movies to fill with only one book worth of stuff, maybe some of it will show up there!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:06 am

A lot of things going on in that scene that didn't make any sense either.

SPOILER

Like couldn't one of them conjure up a huge water bucket to pour out the fire at the Burrow? If that's the scene you mean, Thunder.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:36 am

Helen8 wrote:A lot of things going on in that scene that didn't make any sense either.

SPOILER

Like couldn't one of them conjure up a huge water bucket to pour out the fire at the Burrow? If that's the scene you mean, Thunder.
Yes, that's the scene. That would be an easy solution. And another thing: As I remember, in the 5th film both Lupin and Tonks flew, but now they couldn't jump over knee high flames? Or couldn't they just use the normal way of transportation for wizards and just moved themselves outside the flames to help Harry? And why did Harry have to run out there to begin with? We know he hates Bellatrix, but he isn't that stupid. And it's not scary either, because there are 2 more films to come and they aren't going to kill off Harry in this one. Where did this go afterwards? Nowhere! They went back to school and didn't care about it.

And I found the whole Harry + Ginny part embarrassing to watch too, but I am not going there, even if I think I just did :oops:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:45 pm

I read all the posts about the Narcissa hair and kept thinking 'it can't be that bad" OK I was wrong it was that bad. Geezmo pete - she is a rich wizard - if she doesn't want to dye her own hair - go to the wizard hair dresser (like Snape finally did!)

I guess they wanted to make her bizzare - after all she is Bellatrix's sister - but whereas Bellatrix is crazy scary - Narcissa was rather pathetic and not at all what I imagined her as.

Really loved Alan Rickman as Snape in this movie - best performance yet. The kids acting has really improved too.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”