HP6 article

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

HP6 article

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:12 am

nice article....this also has a 2000 JI interview, done while he was
promoting "The Patriot"...

****this article contains political/religious views****

http://www.jewishjournal.com/hollywoodj ... _20090715/

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:39 am

Thanks Kj, that's an amazing interview!
Tarleton, known as “The Butcher” or “Bloody Ban” carried a map of the Carolinas with him, and after every victory he slightly enlarged the area he intended to claim as his property once the war was over. He also selected several wives he hoped to keep in the New World. Emmerich and producer Dean Devlin were receptive to Isaacs’ research and incorporated some of the information into his character.
*sighs* Tavvy, Can I be one of your several wives? Pleeease? :oops:

~me, day dreaming about Tavington

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:39 am

****this article contains political/religious views****

. . . which, being that it's published in the Jewish Journal, is hardly to be wondered at. Thanks, Kim!

Angel, I'm afraid much of the material tossed around about the historical character of Tarleton in conjunction with The Patriot is just so much crap. That multiple-wives deal, for one. Englishmen of the 18th century were quite accustomed to enjoying casual sex with a sequence of random partners--why would you wish legal bonds with more than one woman??

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Very interesting article. I liked the comment by the producer saying that Jason wears a wig on the set. "He wishes he had that much hair".
Ha!. Jason doesn't need a full head of hair to be sexy. He just is.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:34 am

Angel, I'm afraid much of the material tossed around about the historical character of Tarleton in conjunction with The Patriot is just so much crap. That Englishmen of the 18th century were quite accustomed to enjoying casual sex with a sequence of random partners--why would you wish legal bonds with more than one woman??
True... :shock: sorry I confess to being a bit ignorant when it comes to English history. People criticized the lack of historical accuracy in the film but, personally, I don't care about it all that much when I watch an historical piece for entertainment alone. The Patriot blew me away! Better stop before I start rambling on and on and on........

~me

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:09 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see anything political *or* religious in the views of the article.

(We'll ignore the rantings of the talkbacks at the bottom for now. LOL)

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”