HBP - DVD release

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

malfoygrandma

The Second Disc!

Post by malfoygrandma » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:26 am

nuke.gif Many images of other things which Warner Brothers wants you to buy...new HP games, new HP dvds in boxed sets, and very poor interviews with the director et al, not very good or explanatory as to the poor choices made in the filming. Very poor interview with several of the young men who have acted in all the films and now perhaps mistakenly think of themselves as film stars, and do not know how to conduct themselves. A nice little interview with Emma Watson with the makeup lady, .....I could go on..... It is just not much, definitely not high standard. They should have used some of the older actors. Of course when they do not use their best, Jason,.....what can I say? It is just mediocre..... Save your money. Look for a nice edition of The Patriot with all the pictures of Tavington among the flowers and fireflies! It is well worth your collectibles cash!

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 am

I think we also need to understand that a lot of us on this board (my self included) probably isn't in the main target group for the DVDs... ... or the movies/books for that matter... (But I still enjoy it. :D)

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 am

The local newspaper reviewed the release of the HBP DVD and said this was one of the best HP movies.
Mixed reviews all over the place.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:01 pm

The local newspaper reviewed the release of the HBP DVD and said this was one of the best HP movies.

Their reviewer probably never read the book.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:11 pm

One of the best? I personally disagree, but each to their own!
Look for a nice edition of The Patriot with all the pictures of Tavington among the flowers and fireflies! It is well worth your collectibles cash!
I know... *feminine scream* Tavvy looks gorgeous among the flowers, he's so dreamy *having a fan girlie moment*...I've been dying to get a copy of that edition :(

~me

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:45 pm

I've had a copy of that edition for about six months...it's frequently watched! :adore (Oops-off topic here.)

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Wolfsaver...I really envy you!!

~me

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:30 am

Angel, you told me which one to buy, so I credit you! :hug

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:55 am

Yes, I remember....LOL :hug
(sorry ladies, we got a bit erm, off topic!)

~me

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:57 pm

I saw it for the very first time last night, I liked it peronally, although it didn't have the full content of the book I thought it condensed it very nicely and set the scene very well for the finale. I was really pleased to find that the extras disc had A year in the life of JK, I watched it on TV before and thought it was very interesting.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:54 pm

Finally got to watch the film.

Liked the film. Liked the book. Had to keep them separate in my mind as there were changes from the book to film. But still enjoyed them both.

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:51 pm

I agree with you grannybear, although there are differences made from book to film, I have thoroughly appreciated both.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”