LA Times Interview

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, fruitbat, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie, LadyLucius

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:49 pm

If he gets the same type of make up as John Rhys-Davies in the Lord of the Rings, you won't recognize him...

Are we off topic now? :cherub

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:59 pm

Are we off topic now?
Yes, we're completely off topic here, sorry.

Now back to the topic of this thread... :mrgreen:

~me

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:34 pm

I will make it my task to search the web for any sites that offer a recap. There must be one somewhere out there!
Goodness yes, with all the interest the series stirred up, there must be a sort of official PotterPedia??

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Here are some:

wikisummaries

books 1-6 by chapter

Spark notes

I haven't had a chance to review any of these yet. :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:33 am

Interesting, will check out those sites later. I want to know what will happen in the next HP movies. I'm too lazy to read the book.

~me

blisster

Re: Request for an HP recap.

Post by blisster » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:50 pm

fruitbat wrote:Is anyone willing to post a summary with all that has happened up to the last book?
I have a love/hate relationship with Deathly Hallows :-| but here's a link for a summary of the book http://www.wikisummaries.org/Harry_Pott ... ly_Hallows
I don't have time to re-read them all before November and must focus all my book-to-screen reading on The Hobbit as Richard Armitage has been cast as the lead dwarf. All 6 foot 2 of him.
Yay, love that Richard got cast. And the same thing happened with John Rhys Davies (Gimli) ... he claimed at the Twin Towers screening to be the tallest cast member but he was playing a dwarf ;-)

m

Angel Tavington

Re: Request for an HP recap.

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:39 pm

blisster wrote:
fruitbat wrote:Is anyone willing to post a summary with all that has happened up to the last book?
I have a love/hate relationship with Deathly Hallows :-| but here's a link for a summary of the book http://www.wikisummaries.org/Harry_Pott ... ly_Hallows
Thank you!!!

~me

belladisordine

Post by belladisordine » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Is it wrong that this quote from the interview just made me burst into near hysterical giggles?

(On Lucius Malfoy)
And I think Voldemort’s quite right in seeing that he’s addicted to his status and addicted to his swanning around and spending too much time at the tailors and not enough time getting his wand sharpened.

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:48 am

"I’m speaking to you from Edinburgh, where I’m shooting a series for the BBC. When that’s finished, I’ve sold an idea to American television. So I’m trying to develop that. Actually, I’m slightly done with traveling the world.

Thanks for sharing this interview KJ.

I really dont blame him for wanting to spend time with this Kids especially at that age. Time is precious. I should imagine he will make a great Director, whatever he decides or whatever opportunities come his way, I wish him the very best.

Roseanna

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:38 am

I keep having to point out things to my sister, Gail, while watching Half-Blood Prince. Like, for instance, DUMBLEDORE'S WAND. *cough*DeathlyHallows*cough*

~ML *it'swayoverherhead*

P.S. She gets the biggest kick out of Slughorn's use of "Merlin's Beard". :lol

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:25 am

Started rereading Deathly Hallows yesterday . . . and I'd forgotten about Hedwig coming a cropper. *sniff*

I can believe how much I haven't remembered since . . . um . . . July 2007!!!
Last edited by Helen8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:32 am

I guess I should reread it too... Won't manage it until the film release. So I'll search for my HP-CD's. I affirm that the actor reading our german HP-Cds is really the best to do this job. Even the english versions can't keep up with him.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:50 pm

I've decided not to read the book. I don't want to know exactly what happens in the end of the story before the movie comes out. Knowing the end spoils the fun for me.

~me

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:11 pm

I need to know every detail so I can annoy my best friend coming with me to the cinema "Naah, this is wrong" "They left out..." "This would have been important" And I have to curse them for every line they leave out in Lucius' dialogues :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:44 pm

I hope they won't leave out important parts of the book. I'm expecting to see all of Lucius' scenes and dialogues included in the film.

~me