*Spoilers* Movie Discussion

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:31 pm

It took me a moment to realize he's from THE TUDORS, Final Season. Playing the uncle to Katherine Howard
Uhh, does he get many love scenes?? :uhoh

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:32 pm

I remeber him being a cad with the beer wenches, but, I can't remember him having any *gags* love scenes. I had a mean nickname for him, cuz his character was such a sourpuss. But I cannot remember the name of his Tudors character.

~ML :bang :scratch :bang

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: *Spoilers* Movie Discussion

Post by thunder » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:36 am

I saw it again yesterday... I haven't changed my mind about the film, I think it's still only just OK. aaa.gif .
A lot of great elements in it, but they dont' fit toghether well enough to be a great film. Maybe I'm too demanding... :oops:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:05 am

I will definitely go see it again (and take my mother with me this time- she loves Harry Potter!).

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:19 am

Haven't seen it yet. Have a date with my grandson when he gets home from college on Christmas break..
No one else we know wants to see it so we'll go together.
Perfect day, Dan and Lucius at the same time.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:28 pm

They had something on A&E about the Magical Creatures of Harry Potter, and how the first Dumbledore,Richard Harris actually thought the puppet they suse3d for Fawkes was an actual creature. I loved that. ::rofl

~ML :cool:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:52 pm

I'm gonna go watch it again this weekend. :D
woohooo, loved this movie. Can't wait for the 2nd part already.

~me

Gilly_sirl

Post by Gilly_sirl » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:11 pm

I saw it last night, at last! Watching it, I was thrilled, frightened, sad, but in retrospect, it feels like a blur. Am I the only one who thinks it would have taken MORE than two movies to tell that story?

The despair of not knowing exactly what to do, and where to go to find the horcruxes was well enough rendered, but it seemed like a quick succession of set pieces (The multiple Harrys, the Wedding, the Chase through Muggle London, etc.) I'm not saying I did not like it, I loved it, but really, there's way too much material to tackle to make something coherent.

As for JI's scenes, well, of course, they are just too few and far between to my tastes :twisted:, but so very effective nonetheless. How about that cup of wine he's nursing? :yip Poor Lucius : he needs a shower, a shave, and a hairbrush, but I'd still, ah... :shh... hug him.

One more thing : I thought that Harry and Ron did not look nearly enough anguished at hearing Hermione's shrieks when she's getting carved up by Crazy Bellatrix. They just looked vaguely worried.

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:05 am

Gilly_sirl wrote:I saw it last night, at last! Watching it, I was thrilled, frightened, sad, but in retrospect, it feels like a blur. Am I the only one who thinks it would have taken MORE than two movies to tell that story?

The despair of not knowing exactly what to do, and where to go to find the horcruxes was well enough rendered, but it seemed like a quick succession of set pieces (The multiple Harrys, the Wedding, the Chase through Muggle London, etc.) I'm not saying I did not like it, I loved it, but really, there's way too much material to tackle to make something coherent.

As for JI's scenes, well, of course, they are just too few and far between to my tastes :twisted:, but so very effective nonetheless. How about that cup of wine he's nursing? :yip Poor Lucius : he needs a shower, a shave, and a hairbrush, but I'd still, ah... :shh... hug him.

One more thing : I thought that Harry and Ron did not look nearly enough anguished at hearing Hermione's shrieks when she's getting carved up by Crazy Bellatrix. They just looked vaguely worried.
I think each of the movies needed to be made into two.

I agree with you about Lucius! I'd still, ah...:shh...hug him!

You're right about Harry and Ron not seeming to be too worried about Hermione! You'd have thought they'd try to break out!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:45 am

I think each of the movies needed to be made into two.
LOL yeah true, the time limit is the problem.
I wish that they could have made the movies exactly like the books but I don’t think that there has ever been a movie like that.
(Gah, can't really complain because I haven't read the books LOL)

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 am

Angel.......The only way they can get the whole book in is if they make a mini-series for TV like The Thorn Birds or Lonesome Dove. Each ran roughly 5 or 6 hours.
Case Histories won't do it because they'll still only hit the highlights. They'll be doing 3 books in 6 hours. That will be 2 hours for each book. Not enough time.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 pm

Hm, I know it is impossible to include every detail in a 3 hour movie. :oops:
To be fair, it is hard to turn a book into a movie and not cut out stuff that the fans are going to miss.

~me

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:33 pm

I was thinking the mini series route, as well, but would they fork out the expense? Perhaps they'll do it sometime down the road, maybe in a decade? That's if the books are still polpular.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:01 pm

Did they kill Peter Pettigrew? Or did Dobby just stun him? I thought he was supposed to strangle himself with the hand Voldemort "made" for him?

~ML :scratch

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 pm

:huh I don't recall seeing that, either and I've seen it twice! Maybe it'll happen in the next movie.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”