*Spoilers* Movie Discussion

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

grannybear

Re: *Spoilers* Movie Discussion

Post by grannybear » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:20 pm

Finally got to see the movie. It was worth the wait. I had forgotten parts of it but still found it very well done. I liked the way part 1 ended. Very dramatic. Felt sorry for poor Lucius. Boy, he looked beat up. Not the conceited guy he was before.

And I ended with a group of us going. My daughter and both grandsons. Then we ate out and argued the finer points of the books vs the movies. Fun and games. We so seldom get together that it made the evening extra special.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:36 pm

How great to have such an engrossing focus for your get-together, grannybear! Delighted to hear how much you enjoyed it!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:35 am

Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie, grannybear! *smile*

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:53 am

grannybear wrote:Finally got to see the movie. It was worth the wait. I had forgotten parts of it but still found it very well done. I liked the way part 1 ended. Very dramatic. Felt sorry for poor Lucius. Boy, he looked beat up.
Not the conceited guy he was before.

And I ended with a group of us going. My daughter and both grandsons. Then we ate out and argued the finer points of the books vs the movies. Fun and games. We so seldom get together that it made the evening extra special.
LUCIUS is NOT conceited.....he's just PROUD!

~ML *malfoysrule*

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:53 pm

We went to see Deathly Hallows 1 back in November during the Thanksgiving holiday.

I'm personally not a huge HP fan, so my main draw for this movie was Lucius. I tried to read the books a few years ago, and didn't get past half of book 2, mainly because I was also reading Anne Rice books at the same time (as you can imagine, that was a very odd combination). I kind of knew what happened from friends, and really, the movies are decently easy to follow, so I figure it was all right.

Jason's scenes were, of course, my favorite part, and as I've come to expect, few and far between. He did a great job, I just really wish he'd had more screen time. It felt really long, but I think part of that was the theater itself. The cinema in Jefferson City is getting pretty rundown, and they haven't decided to repair doors on the particular room that was showing HP, so it was sticking throughout the entire movie. We also got there late and had to sit in the very back, which I'm not really a fan of doing, and the only seats open were next to some very obnoxious children who played with their concessions the entire time and made a lot of noise.

Between that and the little ray of light from the sticky door that kept hitting me every time people would go in and out (which happened more than I expected), I was pretty cranky by the time the movie was over.

I think the early scenes in Malfoy Manor were my favorite, so dark and malevolent, which really showed how bad it was going to be if Voldemort took over.

I'm looking forward to part 2, I hope it moves a little faster and has more action. I'm just glad I have friends who have read all the books who can sort of give me a preview, :lol

I might read the last few, if I have time, but classes are starting up again next week and I foresee a lot of art history reading in my future. :loco

Bellatrixie

Re:

Post by Bellatrixie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:14 am

Well, I have to say it´s not my favourite movie (CoS will always be my # 1), but it was okay. :-|

Jason was wonderful as always :woot , but it really hurts to see Lucius being a broken man. I felt so sorry for him.

Marie wrote:OK I'll say something and you can all yell at me. I was bored. OK I know they have to set the story up but I was bored. I was bored during the woods trecking in the book and I was about just as bored during the movie. That being said the acting and photography was wonderful. I think I will enjoy part 2 much more.
Totally agree here!

******************************************************************************************

btw: Just found this. You might already know this picture, but this time it´s a full-body shot :

http://img64.imageshack.us/i/luciusdh1.jpg/

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 am

Thanks!!! A slight difference, but one to save!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:59 am

Great picture . . . until my eyes scanned down to the shoes. Is it me or do they look like size 17 clown shoes? :shock:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Geez Helen I almost peed my pants. They do look rather elongated. I'd never noticed that Jason had overly large feet when seeing him in person. Hopefully this is just a picture distortion (but I know if I get to see him again I will be staring at his feet to see if they are size 16s!)

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:08 pm

It looks like the shoe-tips are pointed. So his toes are probably stops in good distance from the tips...
Thanks for sharing the pic, Bellatrixie :D

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks, that's a nice picture.
LOL @ your comments about the shoe size ::rofl

~me

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:25 pm

::rofl I noticed the shoes, too, but didn't want to say anything!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:31 pm

I don't care if his feet are size 16 or not, I love that man :oops:

~me ::rofl

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:19 pm

actually they should be size 12

Bellatrixie

Post by Bellatrixie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Am I weird when I say that I like that shoes? :oops:
LOL

I guess it would be fun to kick Voldemort's pale ass with pointy shoes like that :twisted:

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”