*Spoilers* Movie Discussion

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Angel Tavington

Re: *Spoilers* Movie Discussion

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:13 pm

marilaine wrote:Did they kill Peter Pettigrew? Or did Dobby just stun him? I thought he was supposed to strangle himself with the hand Voldemort "made" for him?
I'm confused.

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:38 am

I saw it again on Saturday 12-11, and I think Dobby merely stupified him or hit him with 'Petrificus Totalus'. Dobby doesn't seem to me an elf who would kill anyone. He'd defend his friends, but "not kill you. Never kill you". :uhoh

~ML :under

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Yeah, it looked like Wormtail / Pettigrew was knocked out, not killed. It was also sort of played for laughs ... the little sound he made as he just was knocked out and went down, you know?

In the book it's a very intense scene, where Harry and Ron jump him and the magical hand Voldemort had given Pettigrew only starts to strangle him when he has a moment of conscience, when Harry reminds him that Harry had saved his life (in book #3, by stopping Sirius and Lupin from killing him), and Pettigrew has a moment of conscience / guilt ...

I usually don't compare books with the movies, they're in separate compartments in my head, but this was one moment that I would've liked to see in the movie.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:13 pm

I read somewhere that they have...

SPOILER for part 2!!!

... moved Wormtail's death until later in the film. Might be just a rumor, but it make sense to me. I hope they keep the way he dies in the book, in the film as well, but maybe it's too graphic for the children.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:07 pm

I'm dying to know what will happen in the final HP, but I won't read the book because I don't want the movie to be spoiled for me.

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Still haven't seen it. My grandson and I were going to go when he was home from college around Thanksgiving but never got around to it. Will try again at Christmas.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:02 am

Aaw, I'm sorry you don't have someone else to indulge you in this, grannybear. :-(

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:21 am

The thing is we've been reading and discussing the books and decided it would be fun to see the last movies together. The thing is we just can't seem to get our act together. When one can go the other can't. We're just a confused couple of people.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:53 pm

grannybear, start zeroing in on a date with him now, before your calendars start filling up for Christmas.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:58 pm

The thing is we just can't seem to get our act together. When one can go the other can't. We're just a confused couple of people.
LOL! sounds like me and my friend when we plan to go out.

Hope you'll be able to see it soon (and give us your opinion)!

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:46 am

I kinda noticed they say "accio" differently in DH. In GoF, he says, "Accio" like axxio, but in DH, when he's summoning the Ditanny out of Hermione's bag, it sounded more like "ackio". Hmmmm!

~ML :scratch :loco

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Hm, I always thought it would be "assio", but apparently it means something in latin, so there must be a right way to pronounce it ( a lot of J.Ks spells are derived from latin).

~me

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:23 pm

marilaine wrote:I kinda noticed they say "accio" differently in DH. In GoF, he says, "Accio" like axxio, but in DH, when he's summoning the Ditanny out of Hermione's bag, it sounded more like "ackio". Hmmmm!

~ML :scratch :loco

Hmm. I didn't notice that.

When my kids use it (like, when one is doing homework at the table and needs the dictionary and is too lazy to get up, will jokingly wave the pencil towards the bookshelves and say "accio dictionary!" LOL) it's "ackio."

I usually respond by singing a quick chorus of "Aiko aiko" for no reason other than it's "ackio" sideways, or something like that.

Weird family rituals, what can I tell you. LOL

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:36 pm

*smiles*

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:08 pm

We listen to the CDs of the Potter series and Jim Dale says "Ah-key-oh," which is what I believe I hear the actors use in the movies. Can't say that I remember hearing "Ah-see-oh." But then, I could have missed it.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”