Lucius Malfoy doll at Hogwarts

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

RoseannaLara

Lucius Malfoy doll at Hogwarts

Post by RoseannaLara » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:06 am

Hi

I just wondered if any of you were/are lucky enough to have purchased this item and wanted to know if it is worth the money. There is a cheaper version priced at $29.99, this one now retails at $229.00 without the postal and tax duty charges.
I have looked everywhere for these in the UK and they are no longer available.

Thanks

Roseanna.

Bellatrixie

Re: Lucius Malfoy doll at Hogwarts

Post by Bellatrixie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:09 am

Well, I don't have that doll (way too expensive and IMO the likeness is not very good), but I've found some good pics of it.

http://dollsinthemirror.blogspot.com/20 ... lefoy.html

http://www.fleasyads.com/viewitem.php?s ... 0761852629

btw: There's not even his walking stick/ wand included. :???: No Lucius without his walking stick! The costume looks good, though.

I have never heard about a much cheaper version. :huh
I only know about the 7" Neca action figure, but I think the 19" Tonner doll always was priced around $200 and more .

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:45 am

I like the costume (it's well done), but I wouldn't buy a Lucius doll.

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:44 am

The resemblance is not good. Think I'll pass.

kate, again

Post by kate, again » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:18 am

Hmmm, I'm with you, grannybear - looks like they got the sneer pretty spot on, the shape of the face appears not too bad either - but the NOSE!! Yikes, it's a s wide as the Grand Canyon!

Sorry to post such a negative review, I do realize it requires a great deal of time and talent to create these dolls. But our very own Miss Hilary is the tops in this department.

Cheers, ladies!

Bellatrixie

Post by Bellatrixie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:17 pm

kate, again wrote:- but the NOSE!! Yikes, it's a s wide as the Grand Canyon!
Haha, that's what I thought. LOL
kate, again wrote:Sorry to post such a negative review, I do realize it requires a great deal of time and talent to create these dolls. But our very own Miss Hilary is the tops in this department.
I Agree, it's not easy to sculpt a good likeness. I admire everyone who can do that.
I'm currently working on a Lucius sculpture myself, it's damn hard to get it look right.

But I would never spent that much money for something that doesn't even look like the character it is supposed to be.
Last edited by Bellatrixie on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:01 pm

The doll in the first link looks more like Steve Martin . . . who I never thought resembled Jason.

Spend not!

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback. These pictures are far more clearer and look nothing like him, thanks for providing them Bellatrixie.

Shame they didnt do a Premium format figure, these are made of polystone and look far more realistic. I have the Buffy Spike figure and the work and details that has gone into it. I admire anyone who has the time and patience.

IT would actually cost more in shipping fees to the UK than the actual product itself.

I do like the Gentle Giant bust though still abit on the expensive side though that costs £150 here in the UK.

Roseanna x.

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:38 pm

I have never heard about a much cheaper version. :huh
I only know about the 7" Neca action figure, but I think the 19" Tonner doll always was priced around $200 and more .[/quote]

Sorry :oops: that was the figure I was referring to. It retails here at £19.99.

Roseanna.

Bellatrixie

Post by Bellatrixie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:55 pm

RoseannaLara wrote:Thanks for the feedback. These pictures are far more clearer and look nothing like him, thanks for providing them Bellatrixie.

Shame they didnt do a Premium format figure, these are made of polystone and look far more realistic. I have the Buffy Spike figure and the work and details that has gone into it. I admire anyone who has the time and patience.
No problem! ;-)

Awww, a Lucius PF with real clothes would be a dream to come true!!! I would also love to see Hot Toys doing a Harry Potter line! :D I really hope they will do someday. :-(

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Lucuis' less attractive brother.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”