Empire: short Jason Video

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Empire: short Jason Video

Post by kjshd05 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:56 am

Jason talks about DH Part 2, briefly:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31114

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Empire: short Jason Video

Post by thunder » Sun May 29, 2011 6:07 am

Thanks Kim, there's a longer text interview there too :D

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/ ... p?IID=1278

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun May 29, 2011 6:26 am

thanx thunder :woot

inamac

Post by inamac » Sun May 29, 2011 8:26 am

Thanks for that.

He's such a tease. Some of us are chewing our fingers down to the stubs here waiting to see exactly what he's done with poor old (or racist rich) Lucius.

Is it July yet?

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun May 29, 2011 10:13 am

I'm trying to choose between being a good father and being a loyal general. It might only be a frame in the film, but for me that was a massive moment for Lucius, and I think it's a big moment for Draco. Those people who had read the book know what I'm talking about, but for me he becomes extremely heroic.
Sounds like Lucius redeemed himself?

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sun May 29, 2011 10:55 am

Chari910 wrote:
I'm trying to choose between being a good father and being a loyal general. It might only be a frame in the film, but for me that was a massive moment for Lucius, and I think it's a big moment for Draco. Those people who had read the book know what I'm talking about, but for me he becomes extremely heroic.

Not sure about anything. Because I read the book a few too many times and still have no clue what he's talking about.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:02 am

Then he got sent to prison, and was broken by the process in prison. He came back, and literally did not know his place in the world. He couldn't even occupy his own house as the head of the household.

Poor Lucius. :bawl

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Sun May 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Flippin' 'eck!!!! (Or words to that effect)

What a STONKING interview (as ever, but particularly stonking this time, I have to say). As they say, they saved the best til last.

I am all of a dither based on that. Based on what J had said previously, I had almost reconciled myself to the fact that Lucius was not going to get his brief moment of 'sort of' redemption which he 'sort of' gets in the book, but now I'm not so sure ... ARGH!! I can't take the angst!! Seriously!!!! I'm going to run out of exclamation marks at this rate!!!!!! :shock: :?: :shock:

Heroic? Does he mean Lucius? I bloody hope so. But his wording isn't 100% clear - he could be referring to Draco there.

Oh f***ity f***ity sh*t sh*t sh*t!!!! I CAN'T STAND IT!!!! :bang

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun May 29, 2011 1:32 pm

I am eagerly waiting for this movie to hit the theaters and counting down the days until the release of it. I'm very curious to know the outcome of Lucius and how the story ends. I guess that's one advantage of not reading the books, the movies will be more of a surprise. -smile-

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun May 29, 2011 9:17 pm

Oh f***ity f***ity sh*t sh*t sh*t!!!! I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!

Gee, laurie. I guess July can't get here soon enough.

LESLEY

Post by LESLEY » Mon May 30, 2011 1:53 am

a.p.k. wrote:
Chari910 wrote:

Not sure about anything. Because I read the book a few too many times and still have no clue what he's talking about.

Did he mean the moment where Lucius begged Voldy for his son in the boathouse?

laurielove

Post by laurielove » Mon May 30, 2011 2:51 am

Helen8 wrote:Oh f***ity f***ity sh*t sh*t sh*t!!!! I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!

Gee, laurie. I guess July can't get here soon enough.
Is it obvious? ;-)

Hello, Lesley. You may well be right ... but he says it's just a frame in the film. A frame??!! Blink and you'll miss it. (*Isaacsettes watch entire Battle of Hogwarts while propping their eyelids open*)

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon May 30, 2011 8:59 am

laurielove wrote: Hello, Lesley. You may well be right ... but he says it's just a frame in the film. A frame??!! Blink and you'll miss it. (*Isaacsettes watch entire Battle of Hogwarts while propping their eyelids open*)
Don't take everything he says literarly... With Green Zone, he said he was "hardly in the film at all". If it's there, it will be long enough to notice, if it gets cut, we won't see it. (Let's hope for the first) :D

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Mon May 30, 2011 9:52 am

LESLEY wrote:

But he never was in a boathouse and never begged Voldy for his son.

He's in the Shrieking Shack (entirely landlocked) and offers to go search for Harry to bring him to Voldemort, at which point Voldemort sneers that Lucius just wants to go search for Potter as a pretext for searching for Draco. Lucius denies; Voldemort sends him off to find Snape, instead.

Sigh.

Too many times. (My husband would be appalled if he knew. LOL)

laurielove

Post by laurielove » Mon May 30, 2011 11:59 am

a.p.k. wrote:
LESLEY wrote:

But he never was in a boathouse and never begged Voldy for his son.

He's in the Shrieking Shack (entirely landlocked) and offers to go search for Harry to bring him to Voldemort, at which point Voldemort sneers that Lucius just wants to go search for Potter as a pretext for searching for Draco. Lucius denies; Voldemort sends him off to find Snape, instead.

Sigh.

Too many times. (My husband would be appalled if he knew. LOL)
Sigh also. You are right. I was going to quote the bit but can't be arsed as it's too long. And you summed it up perfectly. I did dig the book out though (that took five minutes as I couldn't find it), then I spent about fifteen minutes looking for the bit (I've only read the damn thing once four years ago ... apart from the Lucius bits, which I have read a few times since, but that takes about five minutes in total), but then I got engrossed and read the rest of the book, including all the heart-rending Snape bits. Oh dear. My face grew oddly damp. I'd forgotten how beautifully written it is.

Panged a bit at this - "... there was Lucius Malfoy sitting in the darkest corner, ragged and still bearing the marks of the punishment he had received after the boy's last escape. One of his eyes remained closed and puffy. 'My Lord ... please ... my son ...'" :bawl

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”